1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who has snow where they live?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by GMCErica, Nov 20, 2011.

1. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Hey...
    Just curious who got snow already?? British Columbia got hammered with snow and today is -30 degrees....brrr!!
  2. grape2

grape2 New Member

Early here for snow but we have had to good snow storms, one in Oct and one last week. It was warm enough that all was gone the next day. Normally not until Dec for deep snow. Glad the Suburban has 4wd.
  3. GMCErica

I hear ya! I live on the Alaska Hwy in northern BC, and the snow drifts, the ice and the amount of snow, got my winter tires on and thank goodness my Envoy has 4X4.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Erica, I'm having trouble typing a response because I have sun tan oil on my fingers.:lol:
  5. GMCErica

Stinker!! Hope you get oil in your eye! (j/k), make sure you don't get sun-burned.. if you..post a picture....bahaha!
  6. grape2

grape2 New Member

I was stationed in northern Japan 4 and half years, and we averaged 220 inches a year and I still remember the snow drifts. Took the snow plow all their time to keep the runway open so the roads were not plowed the first 3 years there.
  7. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member

We had an October storm of 5 inches, but nothing since. Today was a calm 40F
  8. GMCErica

I have friends in the US and Canadian Military stationed all over.. My friend is Gemany right now, he said it gets pretty cold there too.. Up here in Northern canada, it can get like -50 and the snow can get piled high, like a telephone poll. Good thing I am winter person.. Cant wait to jump on an Arctic Cat...Woot!! bring on more snow...lol
  9. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member 1000 Posts

Spent over 4 years on Upstate New York - a far cry from Canadian winters but still pretty frigging cold! Ruined this Southern boy. I have not been able to take the heat since. Looking forward to Skiing Big Sky Montana the first week of January! Bring on the cold! The only part that bothers me is my beer freezing when I am in the hot tub!
  10. GMCErica

Haha! You know, Ontario has so much humidity, its sick.. I left Ontario to drive across Canada for September 1/11 and it was +47 degrees... ewww! gross. Spoiled you as a southern boy? eh?? I had a hot tub back in Ontario...I loved coming home after a hard day of work, opening a MGD, putting it out in the snow, then jumping into the hot tub nude... Sweet!! My beer was ice cold, and I was toasty warm... lol Just gotta watch like you were saying, worse part is having the beer freeze, then it gets all over-spilly..lol