1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

who here has double din radio units? thinking about getting one

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by jordanr1987, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have the Pioneer P2300 in my 2000 Sierra. For the price, that thing is awesome. I bought an install kit for and 03-07, the models with the double radios. I attached some small would blocks where the stock radio slides into place, and then screwed the install kit into the wood blocks to retain it. The only other "major" modification I had to do was openning up the hole for the radio. I just had to cut and trim the top of the hole about 1/8 of an inch.
  2. jordanr1987

jordanr1987 Rockstar

alright thanks

im gonna go with the sony 6.1" XAV62BT on bestbuy's online only boxing sale
    its on sale online only 249.99 save $200
    it has bluetooth, usb and front aux ports, satellite radio ready and rear view camera compatible

but theres only 300 available so hopefully i can get one before they sell out! :party:
  3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Good luck, I hope you get one.
  4. jordanr1987

jordanr1987 Rockstar

well the two units i wanted were sold out online and i went instore and bestbuy had the wrong deck on sale in store(false advertising?!)

so i went to partsource instead and got rotors 25% off and 25% off wagner thermoquiet pads for the fronts and used my discount at gm to get the rear rotors and pads tax free
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Please don't tell me you're going to try to mount all that in place of your radio! :gasp:
    (Kidding, obviously.)

Surreal