1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who is everyone's favorite Sprint Cup Driver?

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by repley81, Apr 11, 2013.

1. repley81

repley81 Member

All this hype about giving away free NASCAR tickets has got me wondering who you guy's favorite drive is.

Mine is good ol 5 time, Jimmie Johnson.

But I'm happy just so long as someone in a Chevy wins the race.
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

My sig will tell you. :)

Life-long Jeff Gordon fan here. Over the years I have become an over-all Hendrick Motor Sports fan. I have a big 24 and 48 on the back window of my truck.
  3. repley81

repley81 Member

I like you lol...Team Hendrick for the win
  4. MauryFrench

MauryFrench Member

I have been a Mark Martin fan for years; when he won the second TMS race I was there to see it. I will admit though if Danica is to pull out a victory I sure would like to be there to see it too. If lucky enough to win tickets I definitely will have my scanner on her.
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Mark Martin he hasnt done well over the last few years and back in the day he was the poster boy for the hard luck driver that shouldve won the season but never did.
    I think youd be hard pressed to find any driver that has a bad thing to say about him hes impacyed every driver he ever raced against in a good eay and theyll always tell you he taught them something.

My second would be Rusty Wallace not many drivers could get a fine from NASCAR and pay them off in pennies even if it cost them more to do it that way. Then turn around and tell NASCAR kiss my xxx you got your fine and Im done with you.
  6. Gold Z

Gold Z New Member

Junior and Jeff Gordon are my two favorites.
  7. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

I'm a huge Dale Jr fan. I have also always been a fan of Kasey Kahne ever since his rookie season. But first and foremost I'm a Dale Jr. fan (Still waiting for a chance to get my hands on another Dale Jr Monte Carlo like I used to have). I don't complain when another Hendrick car wins though.

To be completely honest though, I've always liked Brad Keselowski's blue collar attitude. So I was happy for him when he won and, as a racing fan, wasn't terribly upset at a Dodge winning the Cup in their last season.

As far as my favorite non-Chevy driver, it would have to be Gregg Biffle.

But first and foremost, I'm still a Dale Jr fan. That's the only driver who I have any stuff for. Have a hat and my lunch box for work has the 88 on it as well.
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

WOW!! No Tony Stewart Fans????:no:
  9. MauryFrench

MauryFrench Member

Well I am a Tony Stewart fan, he is just not on the top of my list.

I find it funny how so many people are fans of one driver only. When Dale Sr. wrecked at the very first race I went to you could see people pouring from the stands and going home. You need to have more than one driver to pull for.

It's like being a Cowboys fan and trying to enjoy football....
  10. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I have to disagree. He's been doing quite well over the past two or three years for someone who doesn't have a full-time ride. He still wins races and poles. I didn't research this stat but if my memory serves me correctly (and it may very well not be :p ), he's won more races over the past few years with various teams than he did in his last couple years at Roush. He's still competitive as a driver, he's just not a contender as he lacks the consistency a driver with his skill level would have if they were driving full-time.