1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

who made this cuz i want one

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by cowboyjarman, Jan 19, 2010.

1. cowboyjarman

cowboyjarman New Member

i saw this 90 chevy 1ton in Topeka KS as i was driving. ive never seen a 3 door longbed dually before. who made this conversion or was it a factory special. this is the baddest chevy i ever saw and i want one if i can find another.

[​IMG]:great:
  2. Greg84

Greg84 New Member 100 Posts

Definitely not factory..
  3. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

there are plenty of conversion companies that do this, I cant recall the company, that GM ACTUALLY used to build them factory crew cabs in the 70's, but they first started with building firetrucks. Its a family business and they still do work and have had trucks at SEMA. they also had one on trucks years ago when Stacy David was the host. they did a triple crew F450 with a HUGE life and a bed that folded down with a retractable tonneau cover on it housing a big azz plasma
  4. s5belford

s5belford New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

5. cowboyjarman

cowboyjarman New Member

thanks for the info
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

We've had trucks like this on the site in the past. Where do you park this thing? lol.
  7. tandk04

tandk04 New Member

I agree. You would have a heck of a time parking that thing. But I have to say, i do like it.
  8. Wpowell

Wpowell New Member

Back in the day I remember seeing several mining companies and oil field service companies with these as crew trucks. They all seemed to run them in the ground and retire them to the bone yard in 4-5 years of heavy work.
  9. bigburb

bigburb New Member 100 Posts

With a truck like that, you park whever the heck you want :lol:
  10. tattooed4life

tattooed4life New Member 100 Posts

I'll have to do some digging for the pictures but my uncle built one similar to that about 15 years ago. He took a crew cab and split it between the 2 doors and added 6 feet. It was cool inside with 2 front buckets, a side bench and bar and then a bench in the back. Setup almost like a limo. I'll look for the pics when I get home from out of town.