1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who owns a streetable strip car?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by unknown19, Dec 7, 2008.

1. unknown19

unknown19 Rockstar

So, Who in here own a domestic or foreign street car that they can also drive on the drag strip and run a reasonably fast time??

What kind of car is it?
    What does it run :rules:?
    HP est.??

I don't currently own one, but I'm working on that right now.
  2. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Used to, when I had money.

'03 Mitsubishi Evo
    12's
    ~400hp (purely estimating)

Perfectly streetable. Damn I miss that car.
  3. silverado480

silverado480 Rockstar

4. 04_silverado

04_silverado New Member

2006 subaru sti with stage 2 kit on it.
    Havent ran it at the track yet so i dont know what it runs or HP sorry
  5. HI-TORQ

HI-TORQ New Member

I like to hear talk of drag racing, ROCK ON!
    I sold an 89 Mustang a few years ago when our son needed braces. I had it dynoed at EJ's in Omaha at 240 RWH and it ran 13.0 @ 106mph. What a project- I bought it for 1000, not running. I rebuilt the 5.0, my first rebuild, changed from AT to 5 sp, changed to discbrake rear, and painted. It sounded SO much faster than it was.
  6. unknown19

unknown19 Rockstar

Ole mustangs, alot of guys around here have just plain jane stock mustangs and try to race my buddies, 362 WHP and 416 WTQ that run's mid 11's on slicks, dodge SRT4... it's actually a good race because he doesn't get traction... but it's funny to watch them fade off into the darkness when he does...

I've seen a stage 2 subaru run low 12's, high 11's, easily.. so assuming you have everything tuned correctly you might just have yourself a low 12 second car. :great:
  7. Sooner

Sooner Rockstar

We race in the dirt. The street is just for getting us there.
  8. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Haha one kid I know has a stage 3 SRT4, never gets traction. Another kid I know has a Legacy GT stage 2 that beats mustang GT's all the time. It's sucha sleeper car.
  9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Does it have to be a car?
    This is my 2009 Harley Davidson Nightrain.
    Runs S&S 113ci barrels and pistons with S&S billet heads, S&S Dual fire coil system, carbon fiber 3" final belt drive, Stage III Screaming Eagle intake/manifold/injector kit, Vance & Hines big radius pipes, and a Drag specialities external oil filter/cooler.
    For stopping the calipers have been converted to 4 piston calipers with 13" rotors front and rear.
    Stock she dyno'd 67hp, now she runs 106.
    Top speed is 186 wide open after an 8 mile stretch of open road.
    She runs in the low 11's at the track, would probably do better if it could hook up.
    [​IMG]
  10. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thats my favourite bike....you suck. :lol:

Just kidding. Good times Tim, Good times.
    Hey can I go for a spin? :sarcastic: