Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

who really knows suspension?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Buckhunter11b, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Buckhunter11b

Buckhunter11b New Member

i have an 05 silverado with a rancho lift on it. i have 2 questions... can i use brackets to lift the rear 2 in in order to fit 35's? i already have a 4in block and an add a leaf... and will the torsion key leveling kit up front still work if i have a lift kit already? i just wanna get some extra clearance for bigger tires! please help!

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

who really knows suspensions?

Are your 35s rubbing in the front when turning and are the rears rubbing. I also have a 05 Z-71 with 6" Skyjacker lift, but I did change the rear springs and I have no issues with the rear but I have the front Torson bars cranked just a little so the front sets a little higher than the rear. I did trim the front bumper just a little, most people dont see that the bumper was trimmed. You can get a 5.5" rear block and longer u-bolts but on GMs they seem to get axle hop with the taller block. Rancho doesnt make a set of rear springs for your truck but Skyjacker does make a set of soft ride springs for your truck and you can use them with a small block to get the lift you want. Theres a side picture of my truck in the photo section titled My Black Z-71.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

who really knows suspensions?

I forgot to say on my last post that the side picture of my black z-71 was posted on 12-15-2009 if this will help you find it. As you can tell I'm not real savy on a home computer.