Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who Wants set of Hellwig Anti Sway Bars for your Truck? We Have a WINNER!!

Discussion in 'Contests & Giveaways' started by Enkeiavalanche, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I know it's been a while to get this one up and running BUT I think it will be well worth the wait for 1 smart member and quick thinker..[​IMG]

So here it goes..

Rules You can use the Hellwig site www.hellwigproducts.com and what ever means you have for the James Bond Questions (Hint There is a JB Marathon on cable this weekend.)

The First person with ALL of the right answers will win a set of front and rear Solid Anti sway bars from Hellwig retail about $700.00 [​IMG]

You MUST PM me your Answers Good luck to all..........[​IMG]

Hellwig Questions

what year was there first application?

What's the oldest vehicle we currently make?

What are all the segments we make product for?

What are they made of?

Why Solid over Hollow?

Ok Bond time.....
    [​IMG]

In the movie Goldfinger Who was his Bodyguard/Driver? How did he Kill People who got IN his way?

What Brand and Model car did James Bond drive in The Spy who loves me? What did it do?

Last one..

What car did he use in Goldfinger and Thunderball? What did it have?

Good Luck to all [​IMG] and have fun.....
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good Questions! answers submitted. Good luck everyone.
  3. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My answers are in. Pikey won the White Night last time, so someone has to compete with him on this one. :lol:

A set of anti-sway bars would make a nice addition to my Avalanche too once I get it back on the road...
  4. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I got my answers in earlier. Best of luck to everyone who gave it a shot. These would be a great addition to the truck!
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Ok Guys I just got home from work last night I have not even looked at the Pm's yet BUT I will tonight or Tue morn Sorry just to tired to check EVERY ONE of them.. BUT I will So just hang tight..

Thanks again Everyone....:great:

- - - Updated - - -

This was a hard one.. There were 5 replys between 1:41-1:55 3 times by Pikey And after the 3rd one he did GET them all right.. Then we had PMF608 Do 1 guess at 6:22 and he got it all..

I do know that I said the first one with the correct Answers wins.. I never said anything about if you won a prize within the past 6 months you can't win this one Which is the way it should be done.. But since it was never said I can not go by that.. SORRy...

THere was one thing wrong on both BUT I was on the phone with Hellwig a few mins ago and they said that the Answer given is fine..

Here is the history I was given by the Granddaughter of the Founder..

My grandpa used to put on helpers in the driveway while great grandpa sold them door to door all for $7. Our first application was for 1935. How many generations are there? 4 What's the oldest vehicle we currently make? 1955 What are all the segments we make product for? Aftermarket, OE, Private Label, and Farm

- - - Updated - - -

Here are all the Answers....As the 1 pm by PMf608

[h=2]Hellwig Contest Answers[/h]
    Hellwig Questions

what year was there first application? Hellwig Products Co. Inc.
    producing American made
    products since 1946.

What's the oldest vehicle we currently make? 1955-1957 Chevrolet BelAir, 150, 210, Nomad & Wagon

What are all the segments we make product for? Load Control (Including Helper Springs, Air Suspension, etc), Sway Control (Lifted, Lowered & Stock Trucks/SUVs, Fleet Vehicles, Military Vehicles, End Links), RV Suspension (Helper Springs & Sway Bars), BigWig (Air Control & Sway Bars for Heavy Towing), Off Road (End Links, Air Control and Sway Bars for Lifted Vehicles), Street Performance

What are they made of?
    The sway bars use heavy duty 4140 chrome moly steel that is hot-formed and heat treated for maximum strength, durability and performance.

Why Solid over Hollow?
    Featuring an average tensile strength of 170,000 psi, our solid sway bars are unmatched in strength and durability.

Ok Bond time.....
    [​IMG]

In the movie Goldfinger Who was his Bodyguard/Driver? How did he Kill People who got IN his way?OddJob - Killed with a steel-rimmed hat.

What Brand and Model car did James Bond drive in The Spy who loves me? What did it do? 1976 Lotus Esprit S1. It doubled as a submarine.

Last one..

What car did he use in Goldfinger and Thunderball? What did it have? Aston Martin DB5. The original prototype of the car was modified and used for the gadgets (Chassis Number DP216/1) and a second production version for road and close-up scenes (Chassis Number DB5/1486/R).
    Equipped With:
    - Revolving License Plates

• United Kingdom - BMT216A
    • France - 4711-EA-62
    • Switzerland - LU6789

- Dashboard Tracking Screen - Similar to GPS and used to track Goldfinger
    - Armrest ControlsOil Slick - Top left switch

Smoke Screen - Top right switch

Left/Right Front Wing Machine Guns - Middle switches

Rear Bullet Proof Screen - Bottom right switch
    - Tire Slashers
    - Smoke Screen
    - Oil Slick
    - Rear Bulletproof Screen
    - Front Wing Machine Guns
    - Ejector Seat

Unless I hear different Pikey is our winner...... Congrats......
    :party: Job well done Both of you...​
  6. Pikey

Sweet! Thanks Glen and Hellwig! in reference to winning the white night lights six months ago, I won those in Dec. of 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Ok No problem Congrats again... I will send along your info..
  8. IanF

IanF Rockstar 100 Posts

Hi Glen,

Firstly congrats to Pikey on winning this one. A suggestion for future contests of this nature might be a draw of the correct answering winners with a time limit (like a week) on entry deadline or something like that to elicit more responses. It was over before most of our members even read the questions in your post.

Just being constructive here if I'm allowed.

Ian
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Now that I got my computer back I will be working on a set of Rules for any new GivAways I will talk them over with the Mods soon..

I do have to say is that I did post up many heads up to what was going to be asked and when So Some were ready for them. But in 5 hours we only got 3 members that PMed me the other 2 will be getting Hellwig Hats..:great:
  10. Pikey

I have to say that I just happened to come across the questions 5 minutes after they were posted when I opened my laptop to get directions to somewhere. I am generally not on much on the weekends. I (I am sure others did also) did tons of research on Hellwig when Glen said what the questions were going to be about. I had surfed around their website so much and watched the video on their site so many times that I was able to answer a few of the questions off the top of my head. I am super excited to hear from Hellwig and install the bars! It is very generous to offer such an awesome prize and to give away the hats to the other enterants.