Who went camping and where this past summer? And whos doing some winter camping?

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by murdog94, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Had a nice Camper,A Honda ATV THEN I got married... :( Now I have A big Tent, A Canoe and an Av (Avalanche) But I still go camping every year most in NJ and Pa areas..The first weekend in May every year for the past 20 years I go with 40-60 friends (Old Scout Pack) We go kayaking/Canoing down the Wadding river in South Jersey..

Ps I will be posting this trip as it gets closer if anyone wants to go... A fun weekend in the NJ Pine Barrens..

2. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I go hunting and flyfishing. In order to do those things I am camping. I do not intentionally go JUST CAMPING. I am flyfishing all over mostly the CA sierra's. I do a lot of still water flyfishing. I flyfish davis lake, pyramid lake, eagle lake and a few doze others. I mostly camp lake side right next to the water. It is pretty freakin awesome being parked next to the lake 10 feet away. Bald Eagles, Ospreys, Coyotes, Beaves, rainbow trout rising a foot from shore,,,,it is all pretty sweet. I use a wheelchair and stillwater flyfish from a kayak. My new rig for doing this is a 2010 GMC Savana Van AWD. I can slide my kayak in, I built a platform bed with a comfy memory foam mattress. It is my lake front property on wheels. Whithout my rig I can not do these things. Here's some pics of my rig where I camp at davis Lake.

The Vehicle that gets the job done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fishing/Camping Pyramid Lake, NV
    [​IMG]

3. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Higgins/Houghton Lake northern michigan .. tents camped and brought up pontoon and jet ski ! Fishing and Beer Good Times.

4. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

That looks beautiful. Being able to camp right out there like that is a great opportunity.

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

X2 on what Vince said. And i dont go camping just to camp either i go to a lake, and am camping as a result of the fishing trip. Im actually getting my boat out now and read to go!

6. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I'm taking the new camper and the quads down to sand lake in oregon in two weeks, can't wait!

7. FlyBye

FlyBye New Member

Just passed through the Norfork area this morning... The weather is cool now... My truck was covered with sleet around 11:00 am and I was told that a little snow was seen after I left. The trip was work related so I didn't even get a chance to drift some flies. So if it is cool weather you are waiting for... now is the time. You will even have your choice of camping spots!

8. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

The earliest I'll be able to get back up there will be March...my next week off. I've been missing it up there a lot, lately. My friend sent me some pics of a float trip on the Mulberry River...I'm starting to get the itch again...

By the way, to keep the post going, I just got back from a trip to the Smoky Mountains last month. Camped for 4 nights in the park at Elkmont and backpacked on the AT for a couple of days...perfect time of year!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  9. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Sadly, I was only able to squeeze in one trip this year to Mt. Diablo, CA. Not a bad spot! It was our fisrt trip in the new(ish) truck! There was lots of hiking around our site, and not too many people on our side of the mountain. the trip to the peak was pretty cool as well, especially with the museum at the top about the history of the mountain and surrounding area. With any luck we'll get a few trips in next summer in Mt. Charelston by Las Vegas, NV. Lookin forward to heading back to my ol' stompin grounds!