GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Whos doing what for the holidays?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by murdog94, Dec 5, 2010.

1. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

who has plans to take thier chevies on a road trip thru the woods to grandmas house? me the wife and I were planning on going to Nebraska but now we are just going to be going to Southern MN... Gotta love work.
    And new years I get to work at 6am so no party for me! Just thought it would be nice to get the Christmas wishes out early! hopefully you all have safe Holidays!!!
  2. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

We do absolutely nothing.My wife ,our 2 daughters and i don't celebrate christmas.We all get 11 days off but are not planning to do anything but rest.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  3. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member

Between my Silverado and my parents' Tahoe, I'm going to be involved in putting quite a few miles on some Chevy vehicles. Have family and friends to visit in 3 or 4 different places for Christmas. Then I'm driving elsewhere to party with friends on New Years.

I really enjoy driving, though, so I'm kind of excited.
  4. jbjones240

jbjones240 New Member

I am taking my wife and dog to the Smoky Mtns. shold be a fun drive.

-JJ
  5. lancer

lancer New Member

luckily we stay home for christmas. we have my family on xmas eve and my wifes on xmas day. i'm really looking forward to this christmas cuz my little girl is almost 2 and i think she is going to be a blast on xmas days opening her presents....can't wait!!!
  6. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member

Same here! Our family is the county we live in so everyone lives within twenty minutes of each other. Tends to be a good and bad thing. Word gets around fast haha
  7. grandparon

grandparon New Member

Going to Arizona to be with the inlaws, but will probably take the Buick instead of the truck. Happy Holidays all!
  8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

The Wife dogs and myself will be heading to up North East PA. We moved south tho get away from the snow but we seem to visit the most when there is snow on the ground.
  9. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich New Member

I'm in the processes of moving. Taken the truck on a road trip to Michigan. Will be in Arizona with family for few days and good ol north for new years ! After that, its a move across the atlantic. Happy Holidays Everyone !
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Well every year since the wife and I are so close to NYC we go in and check out the Windows, The big Toys R Us, Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree,The lights on all the buildings and eat at a nice place. And it looks like it's going to be in the 40's Sat so thats the day this year.... Then Sunday is the GTG I've been planing...
  11. Cap61

Cap61 New Member

Flying out to brothers place in AZ, I`m sure the Mich snow
    will be waiting for me when I get back..
    Merry Christmas to all!
  12. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

Well plans change for me I went from being able to have some fun to working AFTERNOONS thanks to this snot nosed SOB who is the same age as me and didnt seem to care if he had a job or not his parents must be loaded! because he acted like he was 5 and could do whatever he wanted. So yesterday he gets fired, and we all have to take a bite out of the shifts that he was working and i drew the short straw on the 25th! i hate lazy people who dont seem to realize that the real world is just that!
  13. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

That stinks Mike...sorry to hear. Hopefully, Santa will be extra nice to you for this...maybe you will even find an easy fix for your heater :money:

We are not doing anything special this year, just spending a relaxing time with family. Both my side and wife's side of the family all live with a few miles of us, so we seldom get caught up in the travel.

btw, how old is this guy who did this to all of you??????
  14. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

Not just to me we work as a team, with only one person on per shift, 24/7 so you always have someone here.. and he was probably 25ish im only 26. But he had the night shift and just didnt do anything for his shift duties which if you havent noticed when im on the site here at night a whole lot gets done on the site here since there isnt anything to really do here at work... HAHAA....
    And if i wasnt driving 240 miles to the inlaws on the 23rd now i have to leave in the morning on the 25th (btw a REALLY bad travel day on the I35 corridor) instead of the 26th at my leausure.
  15. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

Yes, we can always tell when you are working and we know when you move from swing to days. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and you will be able to bring some great leftovers to work with you.
  16. stephan

stephan New Member

If I have any extra time between eating & watching f b I'll be here at GMTC making sure you guys have perfect attendance here!!
  17. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Hey I'll check in when I can......NYC should be nice today they are calling for 38 degrees...
  18. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

You put a minus in front of that 38 and id be lovin it!!!

OH and it isnt just me doing things, im talking about me doing my part with ROTM stuff.. i do not do much else. This is to all the mods who may have read my above post. Nights are great for me since it allows me to get everything ready for the poll! and try to help with anything else i can!
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010