1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Whos goes Ice Fishing??

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by murdog94, Sep 14, 2010.

1. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I know this is mostly a Great white north sport but lets hear from some of the members and some photos from those adventures.. I havent been more than once since the mid 90s. This year should be different and ill post as well.

2. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I used to go ice fishing. Always seemed like a lot of fun (as long as you stayed warm). One thing I liked was that I could roam out over the lake to find the fish, even though I don't have a boat.

I used to go with my cousins, and, when the fish weren't biting, we'd pull out a football and amuse ourselves with some snow football (you know -- trying to run through semipacked snow on the ice while wearing whatever snow boots you're wearing). Good times.

3. FergusonT

FergusonT Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I have about 5 lakes within about 3 miles of my house so I got out a few times last year...definitely nice being able to get around without a boat. We ran into this one guy on a lake who was using these flies that he made. Every day he would be nailing them, with no bait...he never used bait, so we bought some flies from him and started pullin them up too. weird...

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I usually end up on a remote lake with all of our gear and a grill etc.. We eat good and have a good time and if the fishing is slow we take the sleds out and run em around the lake jumping drifts etc.. and sometimes some water skipping.

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Anyone gone ice fishing this winter?