1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who's got a bug guard? [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by ChevyFan, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Who's got a bug guard on the front of their truck? Some poeple also call them a rock-chip guard. I think next to mud flaps, it's got to be the most common exterior accessory that exists? What do you think?
  2. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have one :p
  3. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I had one one the ford pick up untill I hit a deer with it. It might hold up to the bugs but just shattered when I hit that deer at 40.
  4. ChevyFan

Yeah, they don't call it a deer guard, although they do sell a "whistle" thing that you can put in your grill that supposedly emits a high freq sound that scares off deer.
  5. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The previous owner of my Suburban had one on there, but it was removed before I got it. I don't think it was installed properly because there's some pretty deep rub marks on the hood. I may put one on just to cover those up.
  6. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Im looking to get one cant decide which model though, I have one on my wifes truck and it has worked good.
  7. ChevyFan

I have one on the Trailblazer but that's it. It was on there when I bought the truck. It's nice not having to worry about rock chips on the front of the hood.
  8. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

The reason I got one for the wifes was Love Bugs they eat the paint right off and the leading edge of the hood seemed to be a magnet!
  9. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon Rockstar 100 Posts

I had one on a previous truck and it was ok but when I finally took it off I had those "rub marks". Even though I had mounted it with the little rubber "Nubs" that were supposed to prevent rub marks.

I suppose though if you don't hit a deer and don't take it off you'd be fine.
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

I have one. My hood has some rub marks, but it was because a couple screws loosened up, and one fell out, so the required gap was lost. I notice a lot of people (around here) put the bug guard right up snug with the hood, instead of leaving a space between it, and the front of the hood.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.