Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Who's got a Chevy Van?

Discussion in 'Chevy Uplander & GM Minivan Forum' started by ChevyFan, Jun 5, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just curious who's got a Chevy van these days? They don't even make a minivan anymore, just wondering about the work vans and such...

2. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I tried getting a Chevy Van-10 when I was 16. It was my grandpaw's. He taught me to drive in it and everything. He had to park it for some unknown reason when I was younger. My dad wouldn't let me have it though!:grrrrrr:

3. Dan

Dan Rockstar 100 Posts

been looking for one for several years they have just got real high in price for a striped out van but i will find one one of these days

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My dad has two 1986 Chevy work vans, one has a 350 and the other has a 305. He has wanted to buy a new one for a while, but the high prices have kept him back too. We saw one yesterday that was an 09' completely gutted metal interior like we have now, and it only had a 4.8 which he wasn't to happy about and they still wanted $27,000 for that!. My uncle is selling his 2005 Chevy work van for $5,000, but it has 200,000 miles on it and it's beat to death. He is a granite installer, so it has had some serious weight in the back. It has the 8.1 with 4.10 gears in it, and that is what my dad wants in a 2500 series van.

5. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I was driving a 2500 for the last 9 years or so. 3 different ones. Great vans. I just a had a guy stop over and get some oil today that has a 3500 with 75K miles and is getting ready for his 4th oil change of AMSOIL.

6. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Bought our '85 on eBay. Drove 11 to FLA for a week and a half, and back... cheaper than renting!
    It gets the strangest looks - odd - oh well.

I've been prepping for paint as I go; should be done by spring.

Attached Files:

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's awesome, has got a lot of character! :great:

8. Dezzmo

Dezzmo Member

I just bought my second one 2 months ago, a fully loaded 06 GMC Savanna 3500 with the 6 liter motor. If you own motorcycles like I do it's the way to go. I don't think I can ever go without a van anymore.

Right now it's a buyers market so you should be able to get one in your price range.

9. InMyChevyVan

InMyChevyVan Rockstar

I have my 1992 Chevy G20 conversion van, can't drive it much,as the 700R4 won't upshift from low

10. soundhd

soundhd New Member

Just brought home a 1978 g20 short wheel base

Just purchased a 1978 G20 short wheel base. Found it on the net. Went out to York, PA...checked it out and drove it home. Looks great, ran great. Going to use it for my summer DJ business (I DJ at classic car & truck shows and cruise-in's). Will post a photo later. :glasses: