1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

why a chevy truck?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Dakota1820, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Dakota1820

Dakota1820 New Member

What path do you think GM is going Down now?
  2. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Obviously the wrong path in customer satisfaction and warranty. The rest is yet to be seen.
    I do enjoy listening to baseball in my truck while eating a hot dog and dreaming of apple pie.
    My hope is Gm will correct some egregious errors before it is too late.
  3. tentoto50

tentoto50 New Member

As bad as i hate to say it,Im sure Ford's and Dodge's are just as good as a Chevy or GMC.However that being said,Stand back and look,The Chevy trucks have ALLWAYS been the best looking in design for at least the past 40+ years.In my personal opinion,Ford's and Dodge's are just plain BUTT UGLY.So,being that they are all on the eqeal basis of all being a good truck, I guess there's not much left other than there looks.There's been nothing in my driveway but Chevy Trucks.Just my 2 cents.
  4. halfpint33

halfpint33 New Member

Yes it was a 350 and no I don't.I had gotten the extended warrenty on it and the dang thing blew 300 miles past the warrenty milage :rofl: Of course I wasn't laughing then.First baby due anytime and broke as heck.Managed to get a GM crate motor in it and it was still goin strong when I sold it 10 yrs later.
  5. Coach24

In answer to the headline of this thread;
    Why not a Chevy ?
  6. donyms

donyms Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well, you know how it goes on here, we all love our Chevy trucks and I am no exception. I have had allot of Fords and they are not bad trucks but I never felt real loyalty and confidence in a truck until my 2000 Silverado. I ran it up to 290,000 and it was still going strong when I sold it and it sold quick. I have a 2002 now and it is the same story. I have to say one of my favorite things about the Chevy is that parts are cheap and plentiful. Although, I hardly ever need anything but gas and oil changes. Anyway, I will keep driving my chevy until you can't get them anymore. Hope this helps. :lol:

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Hi Dakota, I don't dislike any American truck but me personally I have had much better luck with Chevy mechanically and I think they are the best looking truck on the road but that is just an opinion. Bottom line I would be very happy if Americans would drive American trucks and cars. If we don't then who will?

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Hi again Dakota, I think GM will be fine. I don't think GM is in trouble now and what I hear on the news there sales are up. I just wish they would get shut of the government once and for all.
  7. Coach24

Again WHY NOT A CHEVY?:neutral:
  8. donyms

donyms Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Dido, Amen, Why not a Chevy? :glasses:
  9. Dakota1820

Dakota1820 New Member

Besides the govt bailout I guess theres no reason not to get one
  10. Coach24

The Heritage, Family values, and the Style. Come on they been makin' them so good for so long it is just the "Heart Beat"

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Dakota everyone got a bailout. Chev, Dodge, Toyota and Ford. Some were just not huge up front cash bail outs. Ford got a different bail out. It recieved it's bail out through increased purchases for Government fleets. Now why would the US government buy more F*&^ than Dodge or Chevy? Wouldn't you think the bail out cash would return quicker if they bought from the three they gave cash to? Yeah I am still shaking my head about that one.