1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why am I even trying? (Rain!)

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by LoneWolf'burban, Oct 5, 2011.

1. LoneWolf'burban

LoneWolf'burban Rockstar 100 Posts

I washed my truck. It rained and I live on gravel roads. Got muddy. Wash again and vacum. Rains again, MODOT redoes the chip and seal roads I drive on to go anywhere after leaving gravel, and I spill coffee on my passenger floor. Looks like somebody does not want me to run for the ROTM. I may try again in a week or so.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I feel your pain!!:lol:
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I lived in Washington State from '80 until '99 - and in the Seattle area starting in '87. Now, I'm in the opposite problem with the drought that we're in and all of the dust, dust and more dust.

Take your camera with you when you wash. :)
  4. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

As most of my family lives in the Desert (Las Vegas), we have the same problem. We have a theory that if everybody in the family washes their vehicles on the same day, we'll cause a biblical flood in the desert!
  5. LoneWolf'burban

I tried it again. Spent all day working on getting my truck looking good. Inside and out. I was on my way home from the car wash and my truck broke down. Spent two days on the side of the road half a mile from my house. I would of been able to see it if it hadn't been for the trees. This was a Saturday night. O'Rielly's was closed by the time I it had no fire. On Sunday afternoon, so I didn't have to fight the church traffic and gravel road dust working on it, I replaced the ignition modual in the distributor, distributor cap, and temp sensor connected to the computer. Code 43 was popping up. Still didn't have fire at the plugs. Had it of the coil but not the plugs. By the time I found that out, O'Rielly's was closed again. They close at 4pm on Sundays. Yay. But the girl friend came a kidnapped me so it wasn't that bad. Today I went out and replaced the rotor. Fired right up. Why I didn't buy one when I bought the cap, I don't know. A month ago I put in a brand new coil. Two weeks ago I put in new plugs and cleaned my K&N filter. I could smell raw gas in the exhaust so I knew off the bat I had air and fuel. While trying to detect the problem I did learn that I have roller rockers underneath the chrome valve covers. :great: There's a three inch tube sticking up from the driver side cover that makes adding oil so easy I don't need a funnel. Pulled that out so I could watch the rockers to see if the timing chain let go. They moved just fine. But, I replaced the rotor and brought it right home. And that is where insult was added to injury. It started raining. Again. I'm going to keep trying this. I'm not worried about winning the ROTM contest so much as just entering it. That seems to be the hard part. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! Thank you.
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I'm with you, washed, polished, waxed and detailed the truck Saturady and Sunday, be freaking raining ever since.:grrrrrr::grrrrrr:
  7. LoneWolf'burban

I just can't wait to pull that motor and find out what all has been done to it. Seems like somebody wanted to pull a lot of power out of that motor. MSD box, high power ignition system as well, headers, roller rockers... I wonder if it's been cammed and bored as well. Sounds like a V8 at idle. I'm guessing who ever took the time and money to drop those parts in, or work their ass off wedging them in rodded it pretty hard because it's on the tame side when it comes to power. I also need to go some place and get the computer scanned to make sure it has the right programming to get the most use out of the add-ons. How hard is it to program OBD I systems?

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Huge mega update for about my truck!!! I was searching to see if I could find anything about the previous owners of my truck and found one! His name is Duncan G. I did a Google search for images to see if I could find pics of my truck that had matching color, shaved/relocated tailgate handle, and or rims. Found many like it but not the same one. I did find sportmachines.com though. They track Syclones, Typhoons, and Sonoma GTs by last four of the VIN. My truck had been registered on the site before by a one Duncan G in 1993 when the truck only had 11,000 miles. I then went to Yahoo and did an image search. On the first page I found a mirror image of it. The only difference was that the rims looked chrome instead of the appearing the brushed aluminum finish they have now. (Add polishing rims to original shine to list of things to do.) I opened the image from sportuck.com and the name Duncan G. popped up with the exact same last four of my truck. 0478. Same name and number as on sportmachines.com. The add ons and upgrades he has listed are-Modifications include a Dynomax exhaust, ADS Street Chip, a K&N high-performance air filter, and a Jacobs Ultra Team Ignition. It also features a 2-inch drop up front using Bell Tech spindles and a 3-inch drop at the rear using AIM Industries Leaf Springs. It has 15x8 KMC Talon wheels with 235/60 tires, and a carpet bed liner. Interior modifications include a Kenwood KDC-9000 in-dash CD deck and a Kenwood CD Changer, a Kenwood equalizer, two Kenwood and one Power Coustic amplifiers, and 2 Kicker Solo-Baric 8-inch subwoofers. The K&N intake, Kicker 8 inch subs, one Kenwood amplifier, lowering kit, and KMC rims are still with the truck. The Dynomax has been changed to a Magnaflow, there was no stereo when I bought it, the carpet bed liner is gone but a spray in liner has been added. I don't know at the moment what all a Jacobs Ultra Team Ignition includes or if the system or parts of it are still in the truck, and it's unknown if the ADS Street Chip is still in the truck. I'll be doing more research on it today and update when I learn more.
  8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Trying to keep my truck clean up here where we have four seasons is always a struggle so i do feel your pain.