1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why are you a GM man?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by Highmarker, May 23, 2011.

1. Gatito

Gatito New Member

My son has a megacab Dodge. It is a true crewcab, or maybee more then the crewcab.
    And i would prefer a Dodge truck to a Ford truck. My brother has ford trucks since more then 30 years ans he is always changing front suspensions parts on his trucks. He seems to believe that it is normal....
    For myself, i am on Chevy and waiting to see the 2014 Tahoe.
    Bye
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  2. aiches50

aiches50 New Member

First car my folks had after I was born was a 1951 Chevrolet. First pickup I rode in was a 1948 Chevy. I guess my 1988 S-10 Blazer, 1989 Cavalier, 1992 Astro van, 1995 GMC Suburban, 1999 Chevy Suburban and now my 2013 Silverado over the years were all genetically predisposed.
  3. 66 chevyman

66 chevyman Member 100 Posts

I'm a GM guy cause my Dad always owned GM trucks...what started me was working on his/my 77 chevy. I like all the makes an model trucks out there, but my preference is the chevy.
  4. 4silverado

4silverado Member

For the most part, always been a GM guy. Started out with several Cutlass Supremes -78, 80, & 86, 87 Cutlass Ciera, 37 Studebaker 4 door sedan (with GM drivetrain - engine, transmission, rear axle, and front clip), 87 Chevy 4x4, 02 ECSB 2wd, 07 Trailblazer 5.3L, 05 Honda Sabre motorcycle, 91 Ford F250HD 4X4 (good truck but got horrible gas mileage), 04 ECSB Z71, and now the 03 ECSB 2wd. So, with the exception of the Ford truck and the bike, always been around GM vehicles.
  5. heres.johnny

heres.johnny New Member

I have always been a chevy van. I like that parts are plentiful. Always liked GM the most
    when thinking about purchasing a new vehicle
  6. Stirlz89

Stirlz89 New Member

New member here. I was raised on a farm where my grandfather swore by GM trucks and Massey tractors. I guess it stuck. I have only owned one vehicle that wasn't a GM. I had an 89 Toyota truck I used as my hunting truck. It was a good truck until I hooked the cattle trailer to it. haha. I've never had any real problems with the Chevy and GMC trucks I've had and on the farm, they've been more than dependable and always had plenty of power. Thanks guys.
  7. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

My Dad had Chevys when I was growing up 59 wagon , 67 wagon and 74 Impala . I had a 74 Nova and a few Fords the last a POS 96 V6 Ford truck I traded in on a 2000 Silverado Ext, cab 5.3 a few years later a vey low mileage 04 Monte Carlo SS for weekends and trips. I like the style and simple 4.8 Engine instead of all the cogs, cams plus GM dealer gave me a good price and rebate :money:
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Nice, I'm adding this thread to the monthly newsletter getting ready to blast out.
  9. Gatito

Gatito New Member

I did try the 2015 tahoe friday.
    It is nice to run, but in black, it is ugly.
    So, i am not sure that i will continue to be a chevy man.
    If the white or silver are so ugly, maybe i will try Sequoia Toyota.
    Bye
  10. My Dad worked for Ford so we owned Fords as I grew up. My neighbor owned a 52 Chevy truck that I loved, but he sold it before I got old enough to drive or the money to buy it. :frown: Took me a long time, many makes, OLds,Fords,Subarus,Saturns,and Toyotas,but finally got me my Chevy truck. :happy: