1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why do chevy wipers suck!!!!!!?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 03 SIERRA, Feb 21, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA New Member

OK on my 03 GMC the wipers freggin suck no matter what I do the freeze up they don't even wipe the whole windshield. I don't know if its the arms or whatever. Does any one else seem to have all sorts of problems with their 99-07 trucks? Is it a desghn flaw?
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I Know on the Avalanche sites members talk about putting the Police Wipers on. The arm has more or stronger springs for a better Wipe.. They come on Tahoes with the Police package.. You might want to look into that at the dealership..
  3. pmf608

pmf608 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have also heard about the police arms on the avalanche forums. They should work better by having better springs to hold them to the windshield. Personally, if I could justify the cost I would put them on mine because I've found the wipers lift too easily on both my GM trucks.
  4. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member 100 Posts

I priced out new replacement springs at the parts store a year ago or so. They were about ten bucks / pr, I think. I didn't ask if they were cop grade, but I figured newer would be better.
    I ended up deciding that I would hit the salvage yard instead, but still haven't been. I guess I'll put those on my tax money list, too.

Good luck,
  5. 1993gmc

1993gmc New Member

On a 1991 Mazda MPV we had it had a visor kinda dealy on it that would attach with two screws to wiper blade so the wind would push down the blades.
  6. dipstick

dipstick New Member 100 Posts

That is funny chevy wipers.
    Get some of the wipers that are in a sheath..keeps all the pressure points from freezing stiff.
  7. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

No rams have the worst wipers ever I personally think mine are amazing I do have rain x though
  8. pmf608

pmf608 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That does make sense... Rams have such huge windshields it would be hard to keep even pressure on wipers that long.

The gm wipers would be great if the springs were just a bit stiffer, in my opinion. But, overall with a good set of those reflex blades without all of the mechanical parts on the arms, or actual gm wipers, they're not too bad
  9. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

And the spot that the didn't have good pressure where right at my line of sight