why is this forum so dead!!!!!...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 97bigredburban, Nov 21, 2005.

1. man....i am so excited that us suburban owners have a site devoted to us,but man theres never anyone on here...i post topics, no one replies, come on yall, lets put more life into this forum....not flaming ,just down,wishing thi :x s site was alittle more active thats all

2. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think the filter new posts doesn't work properly
    I check the forum every day but no new messages
    The reason that I found this one, because I tried the filter unanswered post
    :shock:

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Well, It's like a pary with no one there. If 100 people come at the same time, it's a party. If 100 people come each 1 minute after one another, everyone leaves becuase there aren't enough people there at the right time.

4. ChevyFan

Sorry, I've been looking for a house as well, so I've been like double-ultra-extra busy. We think we'll put an offer in today. It's just over a 1/4 acre lot (.28 acres) so maybe I can build a workshop in the back. The backyard faces a moderately busy secondary road, so I have backyard access, which is good. Hope we get it!

5. ChevyFan

I've made a decision that I think will greatly improve the site. It involves migrating all of this information into a completely new platform that is all tighly integrated together with more search features. Plus, I plan on making it easier to get back and forth between the different Chevy sites that I'm running. That should make for a better site as well.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Interested in seeing some of these changes

7. ChevyFan

Now, the sticking point is us finding a new house that gives me an office so I can get this stuff done with few distractions!

We got outbid on the first house that we bid on. That would have been great because it had room for an office and room for a full workshop to be built in the future. Oh well.

We've got an offer in that we're being countered on as we speak. This also has room for an office and a side-entrace (corner lot) into the backyard that is 10 feet wide. So, I could make a shop out back as well. We'll see.

8. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It’s alive and kicking now :D

9. ChevyFan

Yeah, thanks Davandy. It's nice to see the site growing. I enjoy talking about the Chevy trucks, and running this site helps me to do that! :)

10. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

One thing is its kinda hard to locate

I had a hard time with google looking it up from work.

When I first started my site I used a free submission website that helped me get a jump start also look at your bot file key words.