1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why we dont buy fords...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 2wheelmudder, Dec 2, 2010.

1. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder Rockstar 100 Posts

Post why you dont buy ford vehicles, i have a really good story from today:

So at work we drive A 99 f350 superduty with the toolbox bed on it and its alright and what not, so my co worker joey goes out and takes it out, we get a call in the shop saying that the truck had a clunk and the driveshaft was gone, well he said the t case is dangling and that he cant get it in 4hi just to get it back cuz it kept grinding, well confirmed by john another co worker went out to get him and see if they could get it driving, well as soon as he pulled up the t case was dangling, the rear of the transmission had rusted and the t case broke off, completely shattering the yoke in the t case and somehow the driveshaft fell out and was lost, after 20 mins of searching they gave up, and the 500 lb tcase was dangling from the front driveshaft and the shifter... so its gonna need a tranny and a t case and driveshaft and who knows whatelse... pos thank you ford you just make chevy look better everyday:rofl:
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Ha Ha Ha... YEAH, THAT'S WHY I DRIVE CHEVYS!!

That, & the fact that Fords & Dodges look like reincarnations of Russian tanks from WW I :rofl:
    Built about as reliable too.
  3. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

The engine has to be disassembled to change the oil.
  4. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

as kid growing up...my dad had fords and he kept having problems...so i just steered clear of them altogether...the chevy's just look better...IMHO...;)
  5. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I just like the way Chevys look and drive better than Fords. I'm not really anti-ford, though. In fact, I have a degree of respect in the fact that Ford didn't take a bailout during the recession. Regardless, I don't know that I'd ever buy one.
  6. bwhitt86

bwhitt86 Rockstar

Im not gonna say i hate ford 100%. I wouldn't be caught dead buying one from 1990 up but they made real good pickups back in the day. I have a 98 sierra and am getting a new pickup here by the summer anywhere from 2007 up. I aslo have a 72 ford that is one of my favorite pickups, its a beast and fun 2wd to run around in. Also have an 85 ford big block which is unstoppable for my work truck. But i also have a 85 and 86 chevy long box matchig pickups which are my fav. In my opinion ford made the best pickups back in the late sixties and early seventies. i hate fords im the nineties and the new ones i despise even more. Their ugly and the interior is very bad as far as design and looks. Dodges just look tacit to me. I worked on a 91 dodge pickup and couldn't believe it looked like it was from the seventies. So dodge i just don't like period, they just seem cheap and tacky. Gms not perfect either though. I hate dodges mainly cause their stupid to work on and fords are so easy to apart they just seem cheap.
  7. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

.drove a tempo as a loaner for a week, and it didn't have tilt steering. You had to lift both your arms up fairly high just to grab the wheel...forget about using one hand, the steering was very tight and you got a work-out if you only used one hand to drive ....it was good on gas though, even though the five year old tempo had a gas tank leak ( rusted seam !!! )
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  8. jordanr1987

jordanr1987 Rockstar

at my summer job doing landscaping we have both a 2001 gmc sierra and a 2004 ford f250
    the f250 seats feel weird and you sit kind of akward and you really had to mash the gas to get it going compared the the sierras 5.3

i do like the look of the new ford raptors though
  9. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I grew up as a Chevy son...and i race boats, i never even wondered why ford is not big in boat engines...its just what it is !!!!!!!

A CHEVY / GMC....IS A CHEVY !!!!!!!!!!!

Found On Road Dead
  10. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I am actually a Ford guy through and through, even though I drive a Chevy. I love my truck, and I bought it because I thought it was a better deal for my used-truck price range. I clearly have stayed in love with it, with everything I have done to it and the amount of money I've put into her.

BUT-GM's business side was a total failure. Anyone that has to run to the government and beg for money deserved to go under and have to restructure. Ford had a great model line up, had a hybrid small SUV out on the market before anyone, kept the Mustang alive (and competitive!), their designs were (and are) cutting edge, and yet they didn't need a bail out. In fact they went and said we don't need your money! In my mind, Ford is a much better company than GM.