1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Barnettamb, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Barnettamb

Barnettamb New Member

Transmision trouble.....

:grrrrrr: l was driving normally today and when my truck shifted into 3rd it went booom and rocked the whole truck. When its in D or in 3rd gear its like its in neutral. it will drive in 1st and 2nd gear and reverse only... its only got 71 000 miles on it and they say i need a new transmission:grrrrrr:. l believe them but i can not understand why this has happened so early. its got the 4.3 liter engine with the 4 speed. anyone else have this happen?
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  2. shibby2oo8

shibby2oo8 New Member 100 Posts

its was a hardware failure not clutches/bands. sh*t happens. Did you do alot of reverse gear pulling or heavy reverse usage? the sun shell on these are weak to hard reverse use due to the power flow through the gearset.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

When mine went in my 02 Avalanche I was in Md and thats all I heard.. Then no more 3rd or 4th Had it towed to a friends Trans shop in Ct. Only had 80K