1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

wide tires on stock wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by chevymanlobo, May 25, 2010.

1. chevymanlobo

chevymanlobo Rockstar

Ok so i posted a thread up a few days ago about getting new tires and if they would fit on my stock wheels. I measured today and the tires are 9 inches wide where the wheels go, and about 12.5 ish wide on the top. The only thing im worried about is them being too wide on top and rubbing my front control arm. Anyone know if this will happen
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I have 315's (12.5") on my stock (6.5) rims, but I have a 6" lift. Not sure if they would rub with the leveling kit.
  3. Moof

Moof Member

The largest you can go without rubbing or spacers on the stock 17" wheels is 285/70/R17.
  4. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

yeah I put a leveling kit on my 2003 and got 12.5'' wide tires but had to get a aftermarket wheel with enough offset to clear everything.
  5. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

i have 315's on my stock 7.5" rims, but i also have a 6" lift
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Those tires are to wide for stock wheels. Try having just 1 mounted on the front and see what happens.
  7. sharpshooterusmc

sharpshooterusmc Rockstar 100 Posts

they will probly rub on the sway bar at full lock but it wont hurt anything. my tires rub on it and iv had no problems. the inside of the tires are fine. all it does is makes a shiny spot on the sway bar. lol
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

wider tires on stock wheels

Sharpshooterusmc has a 2500HD with aftermarket wheels that have a different offset than the factory wheels. Your NBS 1500 has front struts with springs and the tire may rub the front spring. Like I posted before I would have 1 mounted and see if it rubs anywhere.