1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wife keeps taking my truck!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by JAS_2013Silverado1500, Aug 2, 2013.

1. We just purchased this Silverado, and I thought it best to have her do the test drive. She liked the ride, the sitting up higher, so she had no problem with me buying the new truck. Now it seems she comes up with reasons to drive the truck. Today she wakes me up, and while I am still have asleep says I'm going to pick up a few things. I am no problem, and then I realized what was going on. Yep the truck was gone. Thankfully she hasn't brought it home full of manure yet, but then we are moving, and she will probably surprise me with that then.:surprised:
    Soon as her car dies, we probably will be a two truck family. Do some of your Wives take your trucks as well?
  2. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 100 Posts

Used to take my s10 all the time when I had it
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Mine stays far away from my truck, she made the mistake of putting a dent in a new truck I had back in 1988 and hasnt driven any truck weve owned since then.
  4. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Member 100 Posts

My wife doesn't touch my truck either..
  5. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member 100 Posts

My wife's commute to work is about half of what mine is, so she takes the truck a few times a week so we can "save on gas". I know she likes driving it though and as long as she parks in a safe spot I don't mind too much.
  6. BLACKZ

BLACKZ New Member

my wife has her own. 2 crew cab family here.
  7. grampy

grampy New Member 100 Posts

Mine did the same thing. She had been nagging me every time I took the truck off the highway - she didn't want it scratched up or muddy !! She put a huge dent in the right side of the bed, I repaired it - she NEVER said a word to me after that.
  8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

my wife drives mine most every weekend for work. we only have my truck right now....

soon as we move back to minnesota and get some money together she is getting her own car.

tired of mysterious scratches showing up.

Alex
  9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I'm on the lookout for an actual truck now just for that reason. The Traverse was supposed to be mine, but the wife seems to have taken it over, and we have a transitional vehicle right now that was supposed to be the daily driver, but it's such a piece of junk that we're going to sell it as a cash car and that will help me get a truck.

The wife's got a slight depth perception issue, so she doesn't want to drive a full-size truck, so either I'm looking for a Silveraro or at least a Tahoe. If I had enough parking (and I don't) then I would think about getting a Suburban, but we're right across from a large park that just got expanded, so there are more and more punks out. Come to think of it, I might look at putting some gravel down so I can park on the side of the house, then I could get a full-size crew cab, or a burban .... hmm, time to daydream a little bit.
  10. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Sounds like it's time to get a second Silverado. If one is good, two is better!