1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Wifey gave the nod for 4.56s!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by kinson33, Apr 19, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Congrats! I'm looking forward to getting mine done.

2. kinson33

kinson33 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Nice, what are you putting in?

3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

glad to hear you got them in.

4. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Original plans were to get 410 equivalent to run 33's but I am leaning towards 456 to gain the most torque. Fuel mileage is not a concern as I am now only getting 11 mpg under a load. With the gear change, I am expecting better fuel mpg.

5. kinson33

kinson33 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

You won't regret it, love my gears. I am running 35's though. You'll definitely get the torque you're looking for, its night and day. Get a programmer where you can adjust the shift points, helps a lot. I've got a pretty basic SC that I picked up from craigslist, but there are quite a few options.

Side note: Pulled out of my driveway this morning and the truck died... fuel pump. :grrrrrr:

6. Marcus A.

Marcus A. Rockstar

I finally got new tires. Went from 285/75R16 (33") to 265/70R16 (30.5") basically stock size tires. Towed camper upstate PA and did great. I'd love to feel a set of 4.11s or even 4.56s pulling all those big hills. Unfortunatly I will be driving this to TX and the 4.56s will kill me on the open highway with stock tires.