Wifey gave the nod for 4.56s!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by kinson33, Apr 19, 2013.

1. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Congrats! I'm looking forward to getting mine done.

2. kinson33

kinson33 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Nice, what are you putting in?

3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

glad to hear you got them in.

4. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Original plans were to get 410 equivalent to run 33's but I am leaning towards 456 to gain the most torque. Fuel mileage is not a concern as I am now only getting 11 mpg under a load. With the gear change, I am expecting better fuel mpg.

5. kinson33

kinson33 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

You won't regret it, love my gears. I am running 35's though. You'll definitely get the torque you're looking for, its night and day. Get a programmer where you can adjust the shift points, helps a lot. I've got a pretty basic SC that I picked up from craigslist, but there are quite a few options.

Side note: Pulled out of my driveway this morning and the truck died... fuel pump. :grrrrrr:

6. Marcus A.

Marcus A. Rockstar

I finally got new tires. Went from 285/75R16 (33") to 265/70R16 (30.5") basically stock size tires. Towed camper upstate PA and did great. I'd love to feel a set of 4.11s or even 4.56s pulling all those big hills. Unfortunatly I will be driving this to TX and the 4.56s will kill me on the open highway with stock tires.