1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Will 2000-2006- front drivers seat fit in 1998 Suburban?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by phoebeisis, Jun 1, 2008.

1. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hey,anyone out there know if the later body style-2000-2006 Suburban front drivers seat-a powered one-will bolt on a 1998 Suburban.

The reason I ask is that I like the feel of the later ones.The foam is stiffer and that seems to suit me better than my 1998's soft foam.I drive long distances-just got back from a 3000 mile trip-so it would be worth it for me.The 1998 wasn't bad-the seats are big and comfortable,and you can adj and move around plenty on it.I just like the stiffer foam.

I know I could get an upholstery shop to remake the seat, but cheaper to go to a salvage yard, or Craigs list to get the late seat.

Thanks,
    Charlie
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yes it will fit. I had a 2003 interior in my 96 Suburban. If its a power seat you'll need to change connectors for the power wire, and the seat mount bolt holes need to be recentered.
  3. phoebeisis

Tim,thanks for the response.So all I have to do is redrill the bolt holes in the seat mounting bracket.
    You say recenter-not sure what that means.Does it mean the holes are just a little bit off, or maybe the holes are a little bit smaller so they need to be widened?

I'm guessing you mean that the holes are in a slightly different position,but overlap where they need to be?

My current seat is powered-maybe I'll get lucky and the connectors will be the same-I doubt it but maybe.

Thanks,
    Charlie
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

1 hole needed to be completely drilled out and a spacer put in (left front if I remember correctly) and the holes for the right side had to be opened up a bit for alignment.
    I cut the power plug from the donor truck wiring harness and spliced it into my existing harness.
  5. phoebeisis

Tim-thanks-got it. Charlie