1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Will 2007 15 inch wheels fit a 2009 colorado?

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by woodman77, Jan 9, 2014.

1. woodman77

woodman77 New Member

Hello all, im a virgin here. I just got a set of stock steelies from a guy on c/l. I have a 2009 which the stock steelies are 16 inch.
    The ones i got are from a 2007 and are 15 inch. Do you know if they will fit, the offset is a little different and the guy putting tires on didnt try, just said no. Im wondering if anyone has used 15's on a 2009, would just wheel spacers make up the difference, or would they work as is assuming in not turning full in either direction which i never do with my daily commute?
    any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    thanks

- - - Updated - - -

ok, answered my own question, but if it helps anyone else, no they will not fit, same bolt pattern, but the 15"s don't clear the calipers.
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club.

Some guys have been known to grind the calipers to clear smaller wheels, but I wouldn't do it lol!
  3. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I will say, this is the first time I have heard of someone going smaller on the wheels rather than larger.