Will 275/70-18 fit on a 2" RC Leveled '11 Silverado?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by winburne24, Feb 29, 2012.

1. winburne24

winburne24 New Member

I have a 2011 Silverado that I recently leveled using the Rough Country 2" leveling kit. I also have a new set of Helo HE835 rims with +18 offset that I want to get a set of tires on soon. I have been looking at different size tires and it seems like a lot of people run 285/65-18s which I have looked at but there is not a big selection and they are more expensive than a larger 275-70-18. My main question is why don't many people run the 275/70-18s do they not fit due to being appx. 33.2"? I would like to run them if possible with my setup and do not want to do any cutting to my fenders. Will these rub if anyone has experience with them? I will go with either size but I figure why not go bigger if I can, especially since most times the tread width are the same on both tire sizes, which is what matters.

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You are going to be cutting plastic for sure with a 33.2 tire maybe even need to do the nor-cal fender mod if the wheels are x9.

3. winburne24

winburne24 New Member

I take it the nor-cal mod involves cutting the metal portion at the back of the front fender? What are you running on your truck? Did it require any cutting mods?

4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I ran 33.5 on stock wheels for a while and had to cut a lot of plastic and still had rubbing on sway bar.

Right now I am running a 4" lift with 3/4" front spacer with 34.2 on 17x9 wheels and will need to cut metal to not rub.

Nor-cal does equal cutting metal.

5. winburne24

winburne24 New Member

Alright thanks for helping me out! Looks like I will have to go with a 285 then. I checked last night with my stock tires and there is only about a 1 inch clearance so that made me think 33s were probably too big to consider.