will 275 fit on a 9in wide rim

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by chihawks35, Mar 16, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. chihawks35

chihawks35 New Member

yeah i could deal with spedo being off but if my transmission is all out of whack thats cause for concern.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Next to the Dealership's, most auto repair shop could do the re-programming, also asked your friends, if they have a Scanner, that is capable of doing this.....also HyperTech sell a Trouble Code Reader, to Check the Service Engine Light, that also has the feature of being able to do the re-programming for a change in tire size, on the Cost, it all depends on who does it???

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I had a 2005 1500HD crew cab 4x4 lifted 6" with 35" tires 305/65/18, 4.10 gears, 5.3, 4l60e.

I only had the truck for 10,000 before I got it repoed, and it downshifted like a mofo too. What I did to save on the transmission was speed up to help make it up the hills, but sometimes it would drop to 2nd gear and would run about 3,000 rpms to the top of the hill and then it would shift up. I personally still run larger tires on all my trucks, It's a touchy subject as many disagree.

I should also add your cruise control won't work right either, like mike said the VSS sends pulses to the ecm. If you have cruise on say 65mph, and you hit a hill you'll get a nice surprise. My truck scared the hell out of me in cruise control, I hit a hill and next thing I know 5,000rpms out of nowhere and then it downshifted. After that I never used cruise again lol!!
  4. chihawks35

chihawks35 New Member

yeah except im anal and knowing that its off a little il probably get it adjusted id just need to find a place near me that would even do that.

- - - Updated - - -

alright im going to check around to see if anyone has one thanks for the input i appreciate it

- - - Updated - - -

yeah that just scares me. im definitely going to get it programmed when i do it

- - - Updated - - -

the next issue is, will this void my after market easy care warranty.... which is the reason im not lifting my truck right now to avoid voiding the warranty.
  5. chihawks35

chihawks35 New Member

i emailed cooper tire to see if it would fit and they said no, and reccomended me other tires. which are less than 33 in
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

What Year is your Vehicle, is it a 2WD or 4WD and if its a 4WD, does it have Leveling and/or Lift Kit installed on it??
  7. chihawks35

chihawks35 New Member

i have a 2007 new body silvy 1500 with z71 i have a 2 in RC leveling kit. 4wd. i called the local tuffy to see what they though and two mechanics there dont seem to think it will make negative difference.

also pertaining to backspacing and bolt pattern, should i just go with my stock or since im going wider to i want a bigger off set
  8. 99'HEARTBEAT

Your running 17in" Stock/Factory Rims, IIRC they have a Width of.....7.5ins"........here are the Specs on the Rim/Tire setup you have now on your 07" and your Factory Rims with the 275/70/17's

[TABLE="class: withlines, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD="align: center"]Wheels:[/TD]
    [TH]Wheel 1[/TH]
    [TH]Wheel 2[/TH]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Wheel size[/TH]
    [TD="align: center"]17x7.5 ET 31[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]17x7.5 ET 31[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]BackSpace[/TH]
    [TD="align: center"]139 mm (5.5'')[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]139 mm (5.5'')[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Typical Weight[/TH]
    [TD="align: center"]~ 22 lbs / 10 kg[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]~ 22 lbs / 10 kg[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="align: center"]Tires:[/TD]
    [TH="width: 40%"]Tire 1[/TH]
    [TH="width: 40%"]Tire 2[/TH]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Tire size[/TH]
    [TD="align: center"]265/70-17[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]275/70-17[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Section width[/TH]
    [TD="align: center"]265 mm (10.4'')[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]275 mm (10.8'')[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Sidewall[/TH]
    [TD="align: center"]186 mm (7.3'')[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]193 mm (7.6'')[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Tire diameter[/TH]
    [TD="align: center"]804 mm (31.7'')
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]818 mm (32.2'')
    14 mm (1.7%) taller.
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Rim sizes[/TH]
    [TD="align: center"]17x7.5 to 17x10
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]17x7.5 to 17x10.5[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Circumference[/TH]
    [TD="align: center"]2525 mm (99.4'')[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]2569 mm (101.1'')[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Revs per mile[/TH]
    [TD="align: center"]637.5[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]626.6[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Speedometer[/TH]
    [TD]Assuming that this is OEM tire and speedometer readings are correct >>>[/TD]
    [TD]When speedometer reads 60mph (96.6km/h) actual speed will be 61mph (98.2km/h): 1.7% faster.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Typical Weight[/TH]
    [TD="align: center"]~ 47 lbs / 21 kg[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]~ 49 lbs / 22 kg[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Wheel+Tire Weight[/TH]
    [TD="align: center"]~ 69 lbs / 31 kg[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]~ 71 lbs / 32 kg[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 20%, align: center"]Clearance:[/TD]
    [TH="width: 40%"]Package 1[/TH]
    [TH="width: 40%"]Package 2[/TH]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Suspension[/TH]
    [TD]Assuming that this is OEM wheel/tire and there is no any problems with clearance on both sides >>>[/TD]
    [TD]Package is 5 mm (0.2'') closer to suspension/brakes components. Acceptable for most cars.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH][/TH]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

IMO.....They...."the 275/70 with your....17in" Factory Rims, Will work.......I'm not a 4wd guy, so hopefully, the member's with 4wd, can either Confirm or Correct me on this.....
    :neutral:.....also its up to you, as to weather you want to stay with your Factory 17in" Rims, or go with 18in" rims, as you mentioned in a earlier post.

Edit:.....Sorry, do you have Factory 17in" or 18in Rims??
  9. chihawks35

chihawks35 New Member

i have stock 17 and am looking to move up to 18x9 so the left column is stock backspacing so i could use that for that website plug those numbers in and it will give me the correct size i should need
  10. 99'HEARTBEAT

The Specs on both sides.....is for the Factory Rims 17in" by 7.5in in Width, with a Factory Offset of.....+31mm....which gives them a....5.5in" Backspace.