1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

will 285s fit stock on a GM half ton?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by JohnnyZJ, Sep 19, 2012.

1. JohnnyZJ

JohnnyZJ New Member

looking for new meats for the truck. its an 05 GMC quad cab 4x4. stock size is 265x70r17. (they are P rated tires too. terrible) want to put a bit bigger size on but not sure they'll fit. not interested in playing with suspension aymore. would like to throw a 285x70r17 on there but don't know if they'll fit.
    if they rubbed the front bumper thats fine, i can cut the airdam to clear em. just worried about the inner fenders and upper fenders.

thanks!
  2. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

That should be the max you're able to do at stock height.
  3. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

It will work...just jack your keys up alittle and everything will be fine!
  4. JohnnyZJ

JohnnyZJ New Member

i was thinking of just jacking the keys up. but not much more than an 1" to level out the truck a bit.
    when/if i do that two questions:
    will it suck ride wise, (ive never owned IFS rig before) and will it kill balljoints/CV axles due to the increased leverage on them? and
    2: will i need to get her realligned?