1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Will 325/60/15 on 15x10 (-44 offset) rub on stock 2wd 87 C10

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by cyberpine, Oct 10, 2009.

1. cyberpine

cyberpine Rockstar

I'm currently running 31x10.5 on the 15x8 rally. Plenty of room. But the Rallys have a more positive offset and sit way in.

Will 325/60/15s (which is around 30.3 x 12.8) on a 15x10 steel Cragars with a -44 offset (sticking furher out) rub on my 87 2wd C10 Pickup?

Will look this fat:
    [​IMG]

This rim:
    [​IMG]

I can't seem to find anybody who's done this or any pictures.. but as crazy as it sounds, I think it won't rub .. actually a shorter tire than what I've got.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=3561578#post3561578

2. Pedro

Pedro New Member

I think they will rub, buddy. The wider the tire, and with a spacer, you're going to have more area that will have to clear your fender/mud flap when you turn. The outer edge of your tire is what will rub, so if it sticks further out, it will have an extra inch (10 1/2" to 12 1/2") that will have to pass your fender and go into your well. Lets do some math:

31" - 30.3" = .7" / 2 = .35" (there is your height difference)

12.5" - 10.5" = 2" / 2 = 1" (there is your width difference)

1" - .35" = .65" (this is the amount of space you will need)

So, grab your calipers and measure the amount of space you have right now when you turn the wheels. Turn them until they are as close as they get to the fender/mud flap and measure your gap. If you have .65" or more space you should be mint. Less and they will rub. That spacer will leave less room as well. Good luck.

3. cyberpine

cyberpine Rockstar

:) .. my daily driver is a 4 cylinder little jeep with 11.9 inch wide tires that everybody said would never fit and no math would ever support. I think there might be something missing in your formula though.. rim offset. the stocks are much more reccessed in.. the new rims have -44mm offset. I'd do the formula but my brain would explode. Was hoping somebody would just say, Im running that combo on a 2wd and am good. Thank you.