1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Will 33's tuck on a stock 95 Tahoe?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 1995ChevyHoe, Aug 13, 2009.

1. 1995ChevyHoe

1995ChevyHoe New Member

I'm in the market for some new tires on my 95 Tahoe, 2 door. I've good 31" Goodyear Workhorses on there now and it looks like there's plenty of room, I was gonna go with some 33"s 285/75/r16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, has anyone tried this on these years and do they fit??? any info's greatly apprecieated.
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts

They will fit but they will scrape if you take it off road. You will need a lift in order to make them work without ant scraping.
  3. 1995ChevyHoe

1995ChevyHoe New Member

I guess that's no good to me, because I love taking mine out in the woods haha, have you tried this personally? how bad was it?
  4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts

No I haven't tried it personally but I know a guy who did. He drove it around to prove to himself that it would work and became disappointed within a few miles of driving.
  5. 1995ChevyHoe

1995ChevyHoe New Member

alright man, thanks for the advice, appreciated.
  6. GaryL

GaryL New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I have 285/75/16's on my 99 Suburban. I ran them for several months both on and off road for several months before I put a small lift on. I did not have any rubbing whatsoever without the lift.
  7. 1995ChevyHoe

1995ChevyHoe New Member

really? what about cutting the wheel and ****? no bottoming out or anything of any kind? I'm thinking about just doing it, and if they don't tuck, just buy a small body lift or something.
  8. GaryL

GaryL New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

No, no problems at all and I didn't have to do any trimming.
  9. 1995ChevyHoe

1995ChevyHoe New Member

sweet deal, thanks man.
  10. willbradfan

willbradfan New Member

I have 285s on my 96 suburban and I am off road quite a bit and have not had a single problem with rubbing anywhere. Though I do have a really stiff suspension/shocks so that may help with my suburbans tires not rubbing at all.