Will 33's tuck on a stock 95 Tahoe?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 1995ChevyHoe, Aug 13, 2009.

1. 1995ChevyHoe

1995ChevyHoe Member

I'm in the market for some new tires on my 95 Tahoe, 2 door. I've good 31" Goodyear Workhorses on there now and it looks like there's plenty of room, I was gonna go with some 33"s 285/75/r16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, has anyone tried this on these years and do they fit??? any info's greatly apprecieated.

2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

They will fit but they will scrape if you take it off road. You will need a lift in order to make them work without ant scraping.

3. 1995ChevyHoe

1995ChevyHoe Member

I guess that's no good to me, because I love taking mine out in the woods haha, have you tried this personally? how bad was it?

4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

No I haven't tried it personally but I know a guy who did. He drove it around to prove to himself that it would work and became disappointed within a few miles of driving.

5. 1995ChevyHoe

1995ChevyHoe Member

alright man, thanks for the advice, appreciated.

6. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have 285/75/16's on my 99 Suburban. I ran them for several months both on and off road for several months before I put a small lift on. I did not have any rubbing whatsoever without the lift.

7. 1995ChevyHoe

1995ChevyHoe Member

really? what about cutting the wheel and ****? no bottoming out or anything of any kind? I'm thinking about just doing it, and if they don't tuck, just buy a small body lift or something.

8. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

No, no problems at all and I didn't have to do any trimming.

9. 1995ChevyHoe

1995ChevyHoe Member

sweet deal, thanks man.

10. willbradfan

willbradfan Rockstar 100 Posts

I have 285s on my 96 suburban and I am off road quite a bit and have not had a single problem with rubbing anywhere. Though I do have a really stiff suspension/shocks so that may help with my suburbans tires not rubbing at all.