Will 35" tires fit on stock 18" wheels on a 2012 1500 Z71??

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by aron.robie, Jun 8, 2012.

1. aron.robie

aron.robie New Member

Wondering if i can fit 35" tires on my stock wheels on my 2012 1500 4wd z71.. have other rims and tires but have a great deal on 35x12.5 open country's and they'll fit the stockers... is the wheel wide enough?

2. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

I really dont think that those tires will fit...im not sure though, they are very wide and the stock wheels are not at all. And you will need a lift kit to turn those puppies also

3. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

yes you will be fine im running 35x12.5 onmy stock 17's and never had a problem yet. do you have a lift on the truck cause they wont fit without it

4. aron.robie

aron.robie New Member

Yeah I have a 6" lift plus level spacer and add a leaf in the rear.. the wheels are 18" on the Z71 just wanted to know if they're wide enough. But yes I have lift and am able to clear the 35's on my other wheels.

5. Burden33

they will fit but you will need a 1.25-1.5 wheel spacers so your rims will fit due to the bigger spindles and knuckles

6. aron.robie

aron.robie New Member

Is that due to the offset of the wheel burden?

7. Burden33

it is out stock wheels offset are in so to achieve what - offset the aftermarket rims gives us we need the wheel spacer i added a 1.25 to mine but had to trim the stock bolts so i perdonlly would go wider then a 1.25 since you wil have to trim your stock bolts to get the rim back on but it wont hurt the bolts when you go to the aftemarket rim