Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Will 38'' inch tires fit on my chevy?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by PossumsZ, Jul 18, 2009.

1. PossumsZ

PossumsZ New Member

I have a 2004 extended cab Z71 with 6'' rough country lift and a 3'' body lift and i have 35-12.50-17 BFG km2 tires on there now and was wondering if 38 inch tires will fit. Any body got any idea of this?
  2. larryleeUSN

larryleeUSN Rockstar 100 Posts

38's will fit. ive seen people run all sorts of 38's on that same set up even less. with some trimming on the less lift setups. ive seen mud grapplers super swaper TSL's. the TSL's are some of the best looking i think. specially the ext cab. looks really good. i was going to run 38's but i do really hard off roading and was told eventually i would snap an axle so i just stayed with 35's and i might do some 36-13.50's or something. but yes you can fit 38's i wanna see some pics if you get them. how do you like them KM2's?
  3. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site...post some pics of your Z71!
  4. 09sliverado

09sliverado Member

x2, pics are a must
  5. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard. I have seen this done and the tires will "fit",,,, but they will scrape if you do any 4 wheeling.
  6. VectraGT

VectraGT Rockstar

So a related question...
    Whats the max size on a stock 09 Z71? I want meatier tires, but don't want to spring for the rims just yet. Any ideas?
  7. larryleeUSN

larryleeUSN Rockstar 100 Posts

I am not to sure about the 09's but you should be able to clear 285's with no problem. up to a 32-33's tire. ive seen people run 35's with a leveling kit.
  8. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! You should have no prblem running 38's with the two lifts you have.
  9. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I'll be the first to warn you....you will have some reduced life out of the front end components and will stress the crap out of the crappy 10-bolt.

On a side note, what is your gear ratio?
  10. VectraGT

VectraGT Rockstar

Thanks for the info man. I've been impressed with the handling of the new trucks and don't want to compromise that with a lift.... maybe a leveling kit though...