Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Will a 2002 seat fit in an 1986 truck?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 2butterbeans, Oct 28, 2013.

1. 2butterbeans

2butterbeans New Member

Can any of you guys tell me if a seat out of a 2002 chevrolet 1500 will fit a 86 1500? And what years will crossover. Thanks 2butterbeans

2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I doubt that the holes would even come close to lining up for the mounts. Would like to see this done though. Don't think it would look to bad. If they don't, ya could probably fab your own mounts or drill and tap a hole or two.

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Moved to General GM tech sub forum and changed title for more responses.

I highly doubt it! You can probably make it work with some decent fabrication skills. If it will be safe is another question. I would probably get the measurements for both seats. Then make an adapter out of 1/4-1/2" steel. I would countersink the holes and use some grade 8 counter sunk cap screws and nuts to go into the bottom of the frame of your new seat. That way you basically have a flat surface to sit on your floorboard. Then just drill the holes to fit your existing bolt pattern.