Will a 35" tire

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by lancer, Aug 19, 2009.

1. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

fit under a 2" leveling kit and 3" body lift?

2. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

what size tires are on that now? Depending on whats on it now, and by the looks of its current stance it looks like the max with a leveling kit and 3 inch body would be 34s trimming (how much trimming depending on the width) and 33's with no trim except of maybe the front valance

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  3. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I'm going to say no. I had a 6" suspension kit, and they still rubbed...I'm quite sure 35s would be a poor choice for the application you are going for; 33s, a perfect choice.

4. lancer

it has a 265/70/17 on it now. i was kinda figuring a 35 wouldn't fit with a suspension kit. my funds just got cut in half so i'm looking at ways to still get height and run a 35. guess i'll have to start looking at 33's :frown:

5. kgibson181

Well the tires on it are bigger than I thought. 265/70/17 is almost a 32 inch tire. With the body lift and level you should definately clear 34 inch tires. If you do try 35's you will probably have alot of rubbing and a lot of trimming to do, At least up front

6. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 Rockstar 100 Posts

mportanI think the rule of thumb is if u want 35" tires u need a 6" lift. The offset of the rims is also very important in determining if a wheel and tire will fit or not. I think 33s will work well for u just make sure the rim doesn't have alot of negative offset.

7. Chevyman224

Chevyman224 Rockstar 100 Posts

if u plan on sticking with your stock rims they will fit.

8. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have 33's on my 2002 silverado, they're hardly any smaller then 35's. You only lose one inch of rubber around the rim.

9. kgibson181

10. lancer

my stock rims have 5.25 backspacing (finally measured the other day) i'm looking to go atleast a 35 cuz my factory tires are a 31 and don't wanna spend alot of money for 2". i'll have to keep looking. most lift say they need a minumum bs of 4.5" so i think if i understand right i'll be ok with the stock wheels :happy: