1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Will a steering wheel from a 2011 GMC Yukon Denali fit on a 2010 Chevy Avalanche?

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by ChevyFan, Nov 27, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Just had someone ask me that question. I don't doubt that it will physically fit, wonder about stuff like the air bag and all of the electronic connections and such.

Anyone done this? Please share with the group.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I don't see why not. AS long as they are the same body style and As long as the 2010 was fully loaded with steering wheel controls. If not a new clock spring or (SIR coil) would need to be purchased. That would have all of the electrical connections needed to make the controls work. There is a thread on here somewhere where a member took a stock steering wheel with no controls and replaced it with a wheel with the radio controls and such. He just needed the wheel, switches, and a clock spring.
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I agree with [MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION], the wheels should be the same, if the Avalanche has the wheel with the audio/Onstar controls.

Even if the Av is a lower level trim, the upper level GMC wheel will fit, but some of the additional controls will need additional pieces.
  4. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The Yukon Denali and Chevrolet Avalanche from a dashboard perspective are identical vehicles.

The only difference is that the Denali has a wood steering wheel and that wood may or may not match the Avalanche's faux wood color. IIRC, the Avalanche also has a heated steering wheel on the LTZ models so the heated stuff should work.

Now the Denali badge in the center of the GMC wheel will look out of place on an Avalanche.
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Agreed that the badge will look out of place. But, I think that all GM truck (from the same body style years) have the same airbag shape. So, he could install the avalanche airbag in the center of the wheel.
  6. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That's a good assumption. As long as the airbag cover is the same color then you should be good to go.