1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Will duel exhaust for a 6.2L fit on my 4.8L?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Falcone, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Falcone

Falcone New Member 100 Posts

So guys, I got a link on a very new full ss exhaust with magma flow muffler for a great price. My question is it came off an ext cab nbs Sierra with the 6.2l it's a cat back system. Would it fit my 4.8 ext cab? I can get a picture tonight. I'm finding out what series magna flow muffler is on it asap.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Should fit because both trucks are ext. cabs and NBS. Now with that said you won't see much of a performance gain because the intake and the exhaust are the same for the 4.8,5.3 and the 6.2. If the stock exhaust flows enough for a 6.2 than it flows more than enough for a 4.8 hence the reason you won't see much if any performance gain. It will sound better.
  3. Falcone

Falcone New Member 100 Posts

I believe that it's 3" all ss mandrel bent and welded. Hoping I might see a little boost in performance. I'll probably pick it up and not put it on till the spring anyways. No point in putting it on just in time to get crooked by some snowbank. If it ever does snow here in toronto.

And that's what I figured, both ext cab both 6'6" beds should be same hangers and such. Thanks for the reply hopfully I get a few more confirmations.