Will NAPA have manuals for sale?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Mike Hill, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Mike Hill

Mike Hill Rockstar

Hello

I am travelling to Northern California nest week,I would like to buy a Shop Manual for my 1990 Suburban and two upper Ball joints.Will I be likely to find these things at NAPA?Might sound like a silly question to those in the States but I live in Norway and am accustomed to buying parts online.

Thanks

Mike

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I know my local O'Reillys has Owner Manuals and I'm fairly sure Napa Auto parts Sells them as Well......BTW.....where a bout's are you going in Northern Calif??.....the reason I ask, is I live in Northern Calif.

3. Mike Hill

Mike Hill Rockstar

We are landing in San Francisco and then travelling up Highway 101 to Fort Bragg and shuffling around in the Redwood Forests for a few days.Meeting some Freinds in Scotia and if I can talk my Girlfeind into it,heading to Springfeild OR.I would love to visit a Cabela's shop.I also need to buy a Socket for my front Hub Nuts,and a few other bits and peices.I can't wait to be back in the States!For all the bashing the Country gets,its still in my opinion the Greatest Nation.

4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

yes NAPA sells those things. with the ball joints NAPA has two lines they make. their Master ride chasis series and the NAPA Chasis. The second ones are about 2x as expensive but much more heavier duty. Those are all great places to visit (except Frisco). I grew up in Northern California and all my family is still up there.

OK San Francisco isnt bad if your just visiting, lots too see and do.

5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Ya Mike.....I'm just 25 miles north of the S.F/Golden Gate up 101 in Marin County......Hope you have a Safe and Enjoyable Trip......:glasses:

6. Mike Hill

Mike Hill Rockstar

Thankyou very much for the Replies!San Fran is not really my kind of place,my Girlfreind is keen to visit the City.

Mike

7. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Mike, If you are looking for a shop manual, Helms has the factory manuals available on the internet. I have them for my 98 and they are full of detailed information about every part of you truck.

Good luck and have a safe trip.