1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

will the 03-06 silverado grille swap onto a 2001 silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by prime time, Jan 9, 2012.

1. prime time

prime time New Member

i have a 2001 silverado. i've been noticing more that the new style 04 grille has a sportier but classier apperance than mine. but i don't want to go buy a newer truck either, i've only had this one for around a month or so. so i was wondering if i could get a newr style grille/headlight/hood ect.. and swap it to my 2001? if so, is it a direct bolt on or do i need to have body work done or welding?
  2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm pretty sure you can change the front cap complete and it is just a bolt on deal. Just a thought or an opinion. I think the 2001 front end looks way better than the 03 - 06. All you need to do is personalize it, you know, make it your own? Just a thought. Check out my 2002. Same body style and front end but I redone my entire front end.
  3. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Since the same platform was used from 1999-2006 and the only thing that changed was the front clip, they can be swapped. The issue though is that it involves basically swapping the entire front clip - hood, fenders, grille, bumper, headlights, headlight mount brackets, and possibly the radiator core support. If you have fog lights, you would also need the new housings for those. All of those parts add up quickly when it comes to cost.

For what it would cost, unless you can get used parts off of a scrapped truck, you'd probably be better off to get a nice grille, a new hood, and have the plastics on the bumper and grille smoothed and painted on your existing setup, but that's just my opinion.