1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Will these headers be smog proof?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by David8790, Sep 12, 2009.

1. David8790

David8790 New Member

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  2. zubbiez

zubbiez New Member

this is at the bottom of the link you posted in the description of the headers your looking at " these headers give you all this performance with acceptable emissions levels. They accept all stock emissions equipment and are street-legal in all 50 states" so yes these will work in california.
  3. David8790

David8790 New Member

Thanks Zubbies, My uncle had told me to look for something like C.A.R.B. approved also.... So i was just checking with some more knowledgeable people than I.
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member 1000 Posts

I don't think you need to worry about the smog damaging them. They are pretty tough:rofl:
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

For California they need to state CARB approved, they should come with a CARB certificate that you'll show at the smog station during your next shog check.
    Ensure they are CARB approved, even though they say legal for use in all 50 states this doesnt mean they're legal for on road use in Ca.
  6. zubbiez

zubbiez New Member