Will this tire fit with out rubbing

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by kj700, Dec 14, 2010.

1. kj700

kj700 New Member

I've got 2007 nbs silverado with ready lift 2.25" Leveling Kit i want to put 285/70/17 mickey thompson baja atz on it with Gear rims too will they clear with out any trimmer

2. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

They will fit!

3. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is the tire size ReadyLift recomends to run with that kit.

Post some pics when you get them mounted KJ!

4. kj700

kj700 New Member

Anybody have pictures of this tire size on there trucks

5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Here a couple of pics before I lifted my truck. This is the same tire size as well as I had the 2.25 leveling kit installed. I hope these help!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

They might rub since you're changing the wheels.

On stock wheels, they won't rub. I have that size tire on my truck on the stock rims, when I first put them on they didn't rub at all. If you add aftermarket wheels that are a lot wider or have less offset, OR you add a wheel spacer to the stock wheels, you'll get rubbing when you turn. I put 1.8" wheel spacers on (the truck looked too narrow to me) and had a little rubbing on the plastic wheel well liner when turning. A little cutting with the dremel tool fixed that.

7. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Those are some great pics of the Colo mtns Mike. I wish I was there today.

8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thanks!! We were up at about 13,000ft....with the tons of mountain goats that were running around up there.

9. mjs84

mjs84 Rockstar

Those pictures are awesome!

BigBomber -- how'd you know they would fit without rubbing? Do you know from experience or is there a site that will tell you fit? I'm wondering with a 2" level on my 09 silverado what the biggest tire I can put on without rubbing. Thanks!

10. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts