1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Wilmington, NC

Discussion in 'NC - North Carolina Chevy Truck Club' started by Als09Sierra, Jul 9, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Anyone from the area? My in-laws are there now closing on their house. My mother-in-law has MS and wants to be in a warmer climate. My father-in-law still works 4 days a week and will commute to NC in the winter. Hopefully we can spend time golfing and fishing. Anyone from the area? Any suggestions for local watering holes or places to fish or hang out?

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey Alex! I was born and raised right outside of Jacksonville,NC which is 40 minutes from Wilmington. The wife graduated from UNCW and her people stay at Topsail Island. When we fish we either go out 8-10 miles off shore out of Masonboro inlet. If you are looking to not go off shore you can try Virgina Creek. We have always had good luck in there.

If you are looking for a cool place to go that had good micro beer and really good food check out Front street brewery. My favorite place to eat/drink!

3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Well I live about 2 and a half hours from there, but never lived closer. As for fishing I have always just gone to the beach or piers when I am down around there. Also you while be about an hour away from Myrtle Beach and that has good golf courses to play at.

4. Als09Sierra

Offshore sounds good Alston. Any suggestions for charter boats? He said that Southport (I think) is about 20 mins away. I'll definitely check out the brewery. That's perfect. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Thanks Chrome. I've been to Myrtle Beach, and love the golf there. My father-in-law isn't a big golfer, yet. We'll see if he takes it up. If not, we'll be fishing. Or, he may get involved in the local car club. :)

5. Als09Sierra

Going to be in Wilmington at the end of October. May do some fishing, but driving down with Bill (father-in-law) and helping them get settled. Looking forward to the road trip and spending some time there. If anyone is local, let me know and we'll try to meet up.

6. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Wilmington is beautiful. It is a long way from my area. I you have not seen the WWII era Battleship with 16" guns, the USS North Carolina is berthed at Wilmington. I have a buddy with a condo for sale in the Wilmington area if you are interested. He needs to get rid of it and a lake house in SC so he can be rid of his ex-wife. LOL

7. Als09Sierra

Thanks for the offer, but I already have one wife. Oh, you meant the condo. :) My in-laws just bought a house there and are getting it setup. My mother-in-law has MS and doesn't do well in the winters here so she's moving in, kind of a NC version of the blue birds. I'm driving down with my father-in-law (Bill) to take her car and the dogs down there.

Bill is a big history buff, so I'm sure we'll be checking out the battleship. He also wants to do a fishing trip out of Southport. I heard that there's a brewery down there worth checking out too. Can't wait.

8. Als09Sierra

Heading down to Wilmington tomorrow. Leaving at 430am and hope to get there by 4pm. We hear there's a J&R shop off 95 so we may have to stop for some cigars. If you see a red Lexus SUV with NY plates and a Jets license plate cover, honk your horn. We'll have two dogs with us so wish us luck.