1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WIN A TRUCK on GMTC - anyone want to help out?

Discussion in 'Contests & Giveaways' started by ChevyFan, Oct 27, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've got an awesome idea. I'd like to build a tricked-out truck and raffle it off for charity. What do you think?

THE IDEA
    So maybe we could find a good solid truck, like 10 years old, that we could get for cheap. Then I get a bunch of donations from a whole list of sup-piers who donate parts and services to trick out the truck. I'm talking new tires, rims, suspension, lift, stereo, paint, engine upgrades and more.

THE RAFFLE
    Then we have some type of contest/raffle to raise money for a good charity. The winning ticket gets the truck.

WHAT WE NEED
    So we'll need someone to help out with the truck assemble. Someplace to build the truck up with all the new stuff and some additional help (with tools) to actually do the work. This will need to be in the DFW area.

So - first of all - let me know if you think this is a good idea or not. Secondly, let me know if you (or your company) will be able to help out with any part of this project.
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

that would be awesome.:happy:
  3. ChevyFan

Now that I think about it, it doesn't *have* to be in the DFW area, it could be anywhere if we can get the right people involved.
  4. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

That's an awesome idea, I would most definitely buy a ticket and support the good cause.
  5. ChevyFan

I'm thinking of reaching out to some of the groups dealing with wounded soilders and their familes. I know Mark Cuban has an outfit like that, I'll have to look it up.
  6. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Yeah I live in Dallas, if you get a sponsor then I would go to a dealership and talk to them about a deal.
  7. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have some buddy's that would like to help out! They work at a GM dealership working on everything that comes in.. they did my lift for me and n-fab nerf steps. One guy i'm good friends with and the other guy is older but he know his vehicles like a open dictionary is his head lol! Anyway but we are in Mississippi maybe 10 min. from Louisiana. LTM something about all the details and we can maybe work something out. My cell is 601-831-2473 and my email is jake.carraway81@yahoo.com and if needed i can try to get some sponsors to throw in somethings and give them all of your info to make it work. Thanks, Jake
  8. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I think it is a great idea. I vote that you do it at TrailLeaders house.
  9. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This is a great idea Steve. If you can get a dealer to donate a truck, then I'm sure we can get some sponsors. I love the charity idea. There's also a shop in Texas, don't remember where exactly, that gives wounded soldiers a chance to work on trucks. Saw it on Trucks or one of those Speed channel shows.
  10. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

I was involved at the VA in Salt Lake City and they did something similar with motorcycles. I got a lot of parts donated and an older Harley then when they get it done they wouldn't sell it . They just tear it down and let another group of Vets rebuild it. Kinda upset the donors as they were looking forward to recognition for donations.
    My point, If you tell donors it will be raffled, make dang sure you do so .
    It is a great idea I can help find donors from my area but probably to far to help wrench on it.