1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Winch Mount - '90 K2500

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Jacksons Hole, May 21, 2012.

1. Jacksons Hole

Jacksons Hole New Member

Hi all....any advice on where to pick up a winch mount or winch bumper for my K2500? Seems to be hard to find for a '90. I can either replace the whole bumper or just attach it to the hooks. Would prefer to not spend Warn $$$ but so far that's the only one I've found that is guaranteed to fit.

Thanks in advance.
  2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

3. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I always though a simple 2" front trailer hitch mount would be perfect...
    that way, you could simply carry it to the rear trailer hitch if you suddenly needed a winch back there too...
    seeing as how heavy our trucks are, ill probably get one soon.
  4. Jacksons Hole

Jacksons Hole New Member

Thanks...never knew about that website. As much as I'd love the transformer, it would cost almost as much as the truck. The frame mounted mounts are what I was looking for. The pics aren't real detailed. The $200ish ones that mount to the frame, i.e. the Superwinch mount...would that just bolt on where my tow hooks are today? If so...that's exactly what I'm looking for. I just hope the holes would line up with my Ramsay 9000lb winch (free - can't complain).

Thanks again.