1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

winch mount help

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by alabamasilverado, Feb 21, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. alabamasilverado

alabamasilverado New Member

anybody out there found a good affordable solution for mounting a winch on their 2005 1500 silverado?i wasnt going to get a winch and i was going to get a ranch hand brush guard but then i got a good deal on a winch and have no way to mount it yet. i was thinking about a westin sportsman series winch capable. i sure as hell am not gona spend 2,000 hard earned dollars on a warn brushguard/bumper replacement on my truck just so i can mount a winch. if anybody out there is got some knowledge/advice/pictures id be grateful to hear from ya....thanks

2. Uncle Ed

Uncle Ed New Member

How big is the winch? Do you want it on there full time?

I put a front receiver on my toy truck so I can plug in my push bumpers, a winch, or both. I went that route as I wanted to keep it clean, be able to go to car washes and I can plug them into the back if needed.

A Multi-tasker! R R R

Come daylight maybe I can get a pic if you like in case it gives you some ideas.