Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Winch system

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by jaybird2437, Mar 23, 2010.

1. jaybird2437

jaybird2437 New Member

im debating putting a hidden front mouned hitch receiver on my 02 silverdo so i can possibly get a winch. im looking at a winch in a cradle so i can move it between the front and the back. ive never seen this done, has anyone done this seen it done or heard of it dont on a silverado?

2. sharpshooterusmc

sharpshooterusmc Rockstar 100 Posts

sounds like a cool idea, never seen it done on a slivi though
    u would just have to get some kind of wire plug so u could just plug it into the front or rear

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Warn has a front receiver for your truck part # 38490. They have several multi-mount kits and winches to go with that receiver.

4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Putting a reciever hitch in the front and a hitch-mounted winch is a pretty commong thing in the off-road world. Just be aware that pulling strength won't be as much because of loading all the strength on a small point and that you will have to run power to the front and back of the truck to power the winch.

5. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

i have sen this... i love the idea but i dont like the look of the winch hanging out the front of the truck on a hitch.... i would have to remove it when not being used... a guy in town bought i think a "Rancho" bumper for the front and the back... he has a winch in the front and all you can see is the hook hanging out and he also has one in his rear that is behind his license plate... somehow the plate folds up! It is a really nice idea but i dont know what kind of look you are wanting

6. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010