1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

window buttons

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Schutzund, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Schutzund

Schutzund New Member

front side driver and passenger buttons are not illuminated,are there individual lights or some other mechanism. they work fine, but it bugs the crap out of me. possibly a fuse? Thanks
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

have you checked the fuses?
  3. BLUBURBAN

BLUBURBAN New Member

L.E.D.'s in switches are fried, replace switches an all should be golden. Sorry but the lights are not serviced seperately.

Your online parts dept guy, Dave
  4. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Would highly doubt a fuse is the culprit. To my knowledge there are no fuses that control just the lights in the passenger and rear window switches. I would pull the switches and check for power. Work your way back from there. If you want to avoid the hassle, pick yourself up a switch from a salvage yard. Shouldn't be more than a few bucks. Plug it in and see if it works. I'm not sure if the plugs are the same... I think they are... might want to pop the rear passenger switch and swap out the rear driver to see if the ligts work then. If they do, you'll have to replace switches.

Good luck,
  5. Schutzund

Schutzund New Member

Thanks for the info. But how do I access the individual switches? I don't see a way to. No screws to access the guts. How do I go about retrieving the switches to test? I just don't want to mess anything up in the process. I would appreciate any more advice.:great:
  6. garagegoon

garagegoon New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    1 person likes this.
  7. Schutzund

Schutzund New Member

Thanks Garagegoon. That is extremely helpful. Just what i needed! Pictures are better than a thousand words. Will try to get it done within the next couple of days, and reply on how things turned out. Thanks again.
  8. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

LOL, 4 year old thread.

But hey, the lights went out on my door switches years ago. I might pick up some new switches soon.
  9. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I am sure that it would not be all that hard to take them apart and replace the bulbs. I did it to my steering wheel controls. I think that all 8 bulbs cost me less than $8
  10. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yeah, I already took apart my doors back in December when installed new stereo speakers. I didn't think about the button lights then but it wasn't difficult to take it all apart. Those little button lights just aren't near the top of my lengthy "to do" list.