1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Window limit switches quit?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by travisn, Aug 18, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. travisn

travisn New Member

I've never heard of this before, but my drivers window forgot where it's stops are. Going up or down it tries to push past the physical stop.

Any ideas?
  2. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

there is no limit switch. the motor runs until the motor current rises, when it loads up on window hitting bottom / top / or something caught in window the internal current limiter will open the circuit.

it is possible this would require a new door motor/regulator. try hitting the window motor this may get it to work again.
  3. travisn

travisn New Member

wow, that's neat. So the current limit switch is probably shot. I think it's an ebay unit so I'll probably have to get another of those. I might have another motor though since last time the pulley system went and I think I held onto the motor.

Thanks for the help.
  4. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

this is a safety feature , like some kid sticking his head out the window and the other kid hits the window up.