Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Window "noise"

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Dukie, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Dukie

Dukie New Member

Ok, I recently moved adhead of my wife and kid to Las Vegas. I took my Sunfire, she has the '04 Z71 'Burb in Detroit. Yesterday she called to tell me that it sounds like there is ice in the door keeping the window from rolling up. And when she does roll it up, it's slow and stops 3/4 of the way up. She has to "assist" the window all the way up.

I'm thinking window motor, and I'll need to swap it out before we drive it out to Vegas in a couple months. Could it be something else? The sweeper seals are good so I don't really think it's ice in there. I have a friend who can take a look at it since I'm 2000 miles away.

Suggestions?

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

motor or regulator for the window, I know on a couple GM cars the regulator is notorious

3. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

yep, the regulator, my foremans truck is doing the same thing on the passenger side. 99 silverado

4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

5. Dukie

Dukie New Member

Wonderful. Well, at least I know what it is now.

And thanks for the welcome! Kind of lurked since 2006.

6. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

You might be able to get away with getting some grease in the tracks and at the joints for a temporary fix.

7. sdavis2702

sdavis2702 Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the site! If you don't want this problem, don't buy a GM truck, or a Camaro/Trans Am haha. Good luck getting it fixed bro!