Window regulator failure?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by HawaiiKid, Feb 11, 2010.

1. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

So...I was putting my window up, and I hear a SNAP and the window stops moving. Now in my book loud, suddent noises and stuff not working has often meant "OH ****, I THINK I JUST FELT MY WALLET GET LIGHTER!" So after sitting outside in 15 degree weather and cutting my hand (getting blood all over a very nice white hoodie) pulling the door panel off and feeling around inside the door, I found that the one of the cables was broken. i was able to lift the window up enough to be closed, and came inside and called a friend who said that that meant the "window regulator" had broken, and that it was a fairly common issue with our trucks. Anyone else have this problem? Is it really that common? And any chance I could install a replacement myself?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  2. Pats1pab1

Pats1pab1 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

3. HawaiiKid

I got the part from pepboys for like 107, I know I could have gotten it cheaper but with a grand of sound system stuff in my truck I didnt want to wait for it to get shipped. I used the Haynes Silverado book, gave me a good diagram of what screws to take out, and I did it myself in about a hour, hour and half (mostly cause I was movin slow in the 25 degree weather and not workin in a garage hahah). Easy fix, window works fine now!

4. Pats1pab1

Pats1pab1 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Never fails, things always seem to break when it gets crappy outside. :lol:Glad to hear that you got it fixed.

5. HawaiiKid

Yeah, it was brutal out there...put on my Truxido tonneau cover on as it dumped a inch or 2 of snow on me, but I wanted that cover on hahahah. I guess you just gotta get used to it up here in Central NY!