1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Window Tint for my Birthday

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ChromeSilver02, Nov 22, 2011.

1. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

After owning the truck for 5 yrs for my birthday yesterday I got tint on my truck.

Before:

[​IMG]

I decided to get 35% front (NC legal) and 15% on back, still legal due to no law limiting back window for trucks. I washed her up since it was 74 degrees outside, short and short sleeves in Nov., it was weird.

After:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a lot darker than I thought it would be but I like the looks of it, so I am happy.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Hey @ChromeSilver02.That looks great! I've seen do it yourself window tint kits on ebay and amazon but I have done this in the past as it just seemed like something I would rather pay to have done. Did you get a shop to do the window tint or did you do it yourself?
  3. ChromeSilver02

I definitely rather have a professional at a shop do it. I rather pay alittle bit more and have it done right the first time. But I went to a shop that friend had recommended, but it looks great and no flaws that I have seen.
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Looks great!!

I had the same setup on my 05' crew cab, and I actually thought the 35% on the side windows was too dark. I was constantly rolling the window down to see in the side mirror or to back up, the back window never bothered me though. Especially when I was towing a trailer did I really hate the side window tinting, hopefully you enjoy yours more than I did..
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Looks alot better.
  6. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Truck looks great with the tint i got 35% on my front now and i feel i want to go darker in the front and im also going to lay 20% tint over my stock tint on the back three
  7. ChromeSilver02

Thanks ya'll :money: I have not driven it in the dark yet so I hoping its not going to affect it were I have to roll down my windows but I'm thinking it wont. But I have noticed with my truck being a regular cab and the back window being 15% and seats being dark, the fronts look darker than 35% at many angles.
  8. serg

serg Member

looks great, awsome looking truck
  9. jbjones240

jbjones240 Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks great, amazing what tint can do.

-JJ
  10. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks good brother. I am going to tint my windshield soon lol.