Window Tint for my Birthday

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ChromeSilver02, Nov 22, 2011.

1. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

After owning the truck for 5 yrs for my birthday yesterday I got tint on my truck.

Before:

[​IMG]

I decided to get 35% front (NC legal) and 15% on back, still legal due to no law limiting back window for trucks. I washed her up since it was 74 degrees outside, short and short sleeves in Nov., it was weird.

After:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a lot darker than I thought it would be but I like the looks of it, so I am happy.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Hey @ChromeSilver02.That looks great! I've seen do it yourself window tint kits on ebay and amazon but I have done this in the past as it just seemed like something I would rather pay to have done. Did you get a shop to do the window tint or did you do it yourself?

3. ChromeSilver02

I definitely rather have a professional at a shop do it. I rather pay alittle bit more and have it done right the first time. But I went to a shop that friend had recommended, but it looks great and no flaws that I have seen.

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Looks great!!

I had the same setup on my 05' crew cab, and I actually thought the 35% on the side windows was too dark. I was constantly rolling the window down to see in the side mirror or to back up, the back window never bothered me though. Especially when I was towing a trailer did I really hate the side window tinting, hopefully you enjoy yours more than I did..

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Looks alot better.

6. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Truck looks great with the tint i got 35% on my front now and i feel i want to go darker in the front and im also going to lay 20% tint over my stock tint on the back three

7. ChromeSilver02

Thanks ya'll :money: I have not driven it in the dark yet so I hoping its not going to affect it were I have to roll down my windows but I'm thinking it wont. But I have noticed with my truck being a regular cab and the back window being 15% and seats being dark, the fronts look darker than 35% at many angles.

8. serg

serg Member

looks great, awsome looking truck

9. jbjones240

jbjones240 Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks great, amazing what tint can do.

-JJ

10. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks good brother. I am going to tint my windshield soon lol.