1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Window tint is confusing me

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by sevi084x4, Feb 15, 2012.

1. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

Just too dark for me man haha

2. 747

747 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I think the factory thint is 18%, so its pretty dark. But its probably just because the GM tint is not a film. You can just add some 50% or 40% on the back windows if you really want to.

3. sevi084x4

Yah factory is 18%, i guess your right it just looks different

4. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

My brother put 15% over his factory tint and it was crazy dark. Almost as dark as the 5% without factory tint that I had on my 05. I'm going with 15% all the way around on mine next week when I get it done.

5. sevi084x4

Yah i decided on 20% this time around. I usually go with 35% on the front but i wanted something a little more. 15% is a good level too though.

6. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have 5% all the way around. It is pretty dark as most have you mentioned at night. During the Arizona summers however, I love it. If you are going to go darker than the legal limit in your state keep in mind its probable cause to stop you!

7. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Oh yea it's either you either like it or you don't. But yea I've noticed that tint even if its the same % sometimes some look darker than others

8. sevi084x4

Slightly different colors, or brands can make a huge difference to the eye apparently.